Whats so special about the ms200 rear handle saw?

swinny

they say the 200t is the best,because it is......:001_rolleyes:

I know it is , ive got one.. Its just not the massive leap you think its going to be . Well it certainly wasnt for me anyway and as Matt says the rear handle has its advantages aswell . I just think some folk think its the absolute be all and end all .. its not... well sort of :biggrin:

I know it is , ive got one.. Its just not the massive leap you think its going to be . Well it certainly wasnt for me anyway and as Matt says the rear handle has its advantages aswell . I just think some folk think its the absolute be all and end all .. its not... well sort of :biggrin:

:biggrin: It is the be all and end all, any arborist worth his salt has one, its been in production longer than 90% of us have been arborist its always been the one saw you can call on and trust. Although the lemon ratio has increased over the years.

I've had mine 2 years now and since I've had it i've rag'd it out of the box, i've cleaned the filter maybe 3 times, cleaned the saw hmmmmmm let me think once at least, the Stihl name on the sprocket cover has worn off its a totally ratty ol dog that i've just used and abused with little care and still it runs still it cuts, still I trust it to bring home the bacon. Although the carb is becoming erratic which has been it biggest achilles heal.

Of course its not 10 times better than anything out there, but as a package over its long lifetime has been the be all and end all, the one saw all others aspire to be, I shall mourn its loss.

With a back handle whats not to love, the same great saw for snedding and ground work.

There's no other T/H I'd use unless I had absolutely no choice. Husky never got close, and the others, Makita, Echo, Tanaka aren't even worth mentioning. What else is there. As far as top handles are concerned it is the be all and end all.

Awaiting the new Husky impatiently.