gutless 201t.......any thoughts

Martyn Amos

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i'm aware the 200t will still be in production till 2014 so should be availible all this year and next, unless I am mis-informed

They're not on jonesies website anymore..... 2 dealers near me have said they cannot get anymore..... think its a bog boob to just cut them off from production if thats what they have done.... but they'll want to push the 201t now

They're not on jonesies website anymore..... 2 dealers near me have said they cannot get anymore..... think its a bog boob to just cut them off from production if thats what they have done.... but they'll want to push the 201t now

I've had dealers tell me this also, but then went to a trusted guy he got straight on the phone to stihl and told me that they said the saw will be in production alongside 201's untill the new emision regs in 2014.

Funny that same dealer who told me 200t is no longer in production and that they can not get hold of any now has several in stock. Although they are selling the 201 for £25 cheaper than a 200t at a shade under £400 all in with spare chain and sharpening kit, guess they are trying to shift some units.

I think its wrong to have to mod a saw to get the performance you expect and this may invalidate the warranty which with Stihl stuff is very good if the dealer is willing to play ball!

I have a feeling that the 201 will see some revisions after the beta testing its now getting, which seems par for the course in this modern age.

A friend bought a 201 , he said it was gutless, so contacted stihl technical department, he said they told him he could get more power by re tuning, something to do with it having the correct emissions when it leaves factory, so basically if this is true they all need retuning and once done the emissions are above advertised levels, but you will have a saw that's actually cuts something above 3 inch. If everyone complained to stihl am sure they would have to have a re think. Since the re tune he's well happy with his saw

Does anyone know where i could get my 201 sorted like the 1 in the vid??

I'm not impressed at all with it seems flat and got no guts to it at all!

Really wish i'd got a 200t instead i've been close to launching out the tree a few times.

petemate395xp on here or spudulike may b able to help, send them a message