Misunderstanding with customer.

pault

This is likely to pan out thus, you file “211” L.A. makes TPO you apply to fell, fell declined and appeal refused. If we include the protected tree in the original quote of £600.00 and let’s say the tree you can’t fell is a third of the entire job bill them for £400.00 and take the rest on the chin. There is no lesson so well learned as one you pay for.

If they refuse to pay because you didn’t fell the last tree you can take them to court for the amended amount.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there that's a real same they are really trying it on .

First what ever you do make sure you get your written permission to cut the big one as you are in the conservation eara ,its an easy process

If you decided to do it for them then make sure they sign to say they will pay the 600 when the large ask is felled.

Without a written and signed agreement for any work carried out you have not got a leg to stand on over payment and no legles will be able to help you over getting your money back .

It's a hard one but I think if you make sure the agreement is signed before you cut the big one you will have a chance of seeing the 600 quid .

I really wish you all the best with this one

Littletree

Does the fence denote the boundary of the conservation area?

If it doesn't, you could both end up in the clarts for the work you have already done.

Pursuing them legally for the £600 is great in principle, but it sounds like you are very much in a 'your word against theirs' scenario.

Sorry, here's another thought. Get them to sign something agreeing to pay in full once the other ash is felled, then fell the other ash and just log it up where it is and leave it. If you've not specifically agreed to stack logs somewhere, then logging it where it is won't take long. and log it into REALLY BIG logs. You've then done the work, they need to pay you, and they can then deal with moving REALLY HEAVY chunks of wood or face the wrath of the castle owners if they don't move it.

Like I stated earlier the "something " to sign to pay once the job is done is called a change work order, if the customer is in favor of that have the customer sign off on the change work order do the job and move on from there if the customer is not willing to pay once the job is completed pack your gear and see him in court. Any attorney worth their weight in Salt would love to take on a case where someone has refused to pay on a change work order or like contract.

IMHO, If you choose to treat the customer in a way that may make you feel good for a while the long term consequences can and should hurt your professional standing within the industry as a whole. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Don't lower yourself to your customers level, you are professional, remain so.

easy-lift guy

I firmly believe that there is a lot of tree work out there that will only ever get done when someone comes along who is a mate of a mate and doesnt do a written quote and is therefore able to be ripped off.

Set fire to something else of theirs as well, I hate them already.

I firmly believe that there is a lot of tree work out there that will only ever get done when someone comes along who is a mate of a mate and doesnt do a written quote and is therefore able to be ripped off.

Set fire to something else of theirs as well, I hate them already.

:lol:

We don't actually know that the customer is trying it on.

This could be a genuine misunderstanding.

We were not there when the quote was given.

I almost never do written quote, but never have problems like this.

When quoting I am very specific about the parameter of the job, I ask questions about what they want, such as "do you want the stumps grinding??", "are you keeping the wood?, what size do you want it cutting to?? and where are we putting it??"