climber wage

edwood

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv worked all over mate, mainly birmingham area, seems to be where most the work is. I climb on a HC but there happy for you to climb on what ever you want, one lad climbs on a SJ

Fair enough mate. The "employed" idea is becoming more appealing to me. There's a few of you boys now init? I use a zigzag nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Fair enough mate. The "employed" idea is becoming more appealing to me. There's a few of you boys now init? I use a zigzag nowadays

Yea there now running two teams mate so 6 of us in all. Don't get me wrong mate, I enjoyed parts of being self employed, but there's also alot of cons to it, in my honest opinion. It wasn't for me..just yet, even with my experience I struggled finding work, it seems a lot of people are now doing the self employed route. So it's becoming a lot more competitive on day rate ect

Yea there now running two teams mate so 6 of us in all. Don't get me wrong mate, I enjoyed parts of being self employed, but there's also alot of cons to it, in my honest opinion. It wasn't for me..just yet, even with my experience I struggled finding work, it seems a lot of people are now doing the self employed route. So it's becoming a lot more competitive on day rate ect

I agree, I do like the freedom of self employed, and when your busy it's great, but then u have quiet times...stuff breaks down...tax to pay...insurances and not getting all the work etc. and like u said before about no late finishes. There's a lot to be said for being employed. I'm not the most experienced or fastest climber but its what I strive to become. So a job in pure arb work is on the cards for me

Sounds like a good thing you got there :thumbup:

Is it 90% street tree reprinting though?

That's the thing mate it's not, because rugby has so much green space and parks, it mixes up each week, I would say it's about 60/40, but it's nice because the big jobs get broken up with nice easy little jobs if that makes sense

That's the thing mate it's not, because rugby has so much green space and parks, it mixes up each week, I would say it's about 60/40, but it's nice because the big jobs get broken up with nice easy little jobs if that makes sense

Makes perfect sense. I do this for the big dismantles. I love it. However after two or three days on them I'm ready for some hedge trimming or similar.

Neither my body or mind could handle 100% big takedowns!

Makes perfect sense. I do this for the big dismantles. I love it. However after two or three days on them I'm ready for some hedge trimming or similar.

Neither my body or mind could handle 100% big takedowns!

Exactly mate, although the big stuff is fun and good for pictures 😊 in this heat I know I don't want to be on them everyday lol. You work for AC old don't you?