Kew 13th December 2008

Lee Winger

OK folks I'm organizing a Christmas Arbtalk visit to Kew, followed by a few ales and a spot of lunch in the nearest pub...:001_tt1:

Could those that want to come along please post there names on the thread, this will give me an idea of numbers, just so I can inform Kew..

Meeting time will be 9.30 ish, and the date will be Saturday the 13th December, we will meet at the MAIN GATE.....................

Main Gate

Nearest entrance to Kew Bridge station (national rail for service to and from Waterloo) and Kew Pier river-boat stop. The Main Gate is on Kew Green (391 or 65 buses). About 120m from the gate inside the gardens is the White Peaks shop as well as the catering facilities at White Peaks and the nearby Orangery, with toilets nearby

Spouses, partners, girlfriends , boyfriends are all welcome....

I have included below a link to Kew and a links to local hotels for those who might like to stay over

http://www.kew.org http://www.hotel-assist.com/hotels-kew-gardens-london.html http://www.aboutbritain.com/AccommodationNearRoyalBotanicGardensKew.asp

Edited by Lee Winger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Lee! :icon14:

Do we have any demographic info on Arbtalk members? It would be great to be able to see a simple map of GB with members locations marked.

I was just thinking it would be nice to hold regional meetings/social get-togethers...something along the lines of South East, Midlands, Wales etc...

Any thoughts..?

Nice one Lee - sounds like a great idea. Will run it past the chief and let you know.

John - I had a similar thought recently re regional groups. There seem to be more members popping up here in the south west and it makes sense for people to put faces to names and have a good bit of networking and meet up for the odd jolly.

Good idea Lee! :icon14:

Do we have any demographic info on Arbtalk members? It would be great to be able to see a simple map of GB with members locations marked.

I was just thinking it would be nice to hold regional meetings/social get-togethers...something along the lines of South East, Midlands, Wales etc...

Any thoughts..?

I'm sure at some stage we can sort out where members are, and maybe in time as the forum grows, we could even have regional forum pages, of course thats down to Steve...........