pricing a chipper

GTaylor

i am looking to buy a 2nd hand chipper that i have hired from the owner for jobs over the last 3 years. in fact i have probly used it more than him,

its a 2004 timberwolf 190 trailed with 500 hours, been stored out side for as long as i have known it looks abit rough but works fine, had it hired last sunday and it never missed a beat. any ideas on what it might be worth folks?:confused1:

i am looking to buy a 2nd hand chipper that i have hired from the owner for jobs over the last 3 years. in fact i have probly used it more than him,

its a 2004 timberwolf 190 trailed with 500 hours, been stored out side for as long as i have known it looks abit rough but works fine, had it hired last sunday and it never missed a beat. any ideas on what it might be worth folks?:confused1:

get on ebay ,mason wood chippers ,global recyling ,earborist ,and on and on the list is endless:001_cool:

Hard to give an exact price without seeing the machine. You probably know there's a Very clean 2005 - 150 timberwolf in the classified for £6250 So I,m guessing a 2004 - 190 looking a bit rough (maybe not really been looked after?) wouldn't be worth more than £5k could even be down as low as £3500 if its a dog.

Depending on your budget I'd have look at Mason's, they are the only dealer I have second hand experience of and couldn't fault them:thumbup1:

At an educated guess i would say around 6k, although if you know its a good machine thats worth a bit in itself, It may look a bit rough but how well has it been serviced etc, are there many new parts on it? these are all questions which would effect the price. My timberwolf was a bit rough looking when I brought it because its now over ten years old, but bar the engine, nearly every bit of it has been replaced fairly recently, therefore I know its a goodun and is probably worth a lot more to me then the price it would get on Ebay.

I'm not sure what I wrote that warranted the post being deleted, but apologies if any offence was caused (I'd had a few beers before posting which was obviously a mistake!). The basic premise of what I was saying is that I think the TW190 is a great chipper, and in my opinion you would be much better buying a tatty machine that you know to be mechanically sound/maintained than one that looks tidy but has possibly not been looked after very well mechanically. There are plenty of people out there who are all about things being shiny shiny but wouldn't know one end of a grease cartridge from the other - you are likely to blow big money on a badly maintained machine.

i always think its worth what someone will pay ! so whats it worth to you ? what do you wont to pay for it think about it and approach the owner ... good luck dont forget the magic words cash cash cash:thumbup1:

On that note, you need to think about the resale value if you plan to sell it on. If it looks a bit rough, to anybody who doesn't know the history of it like you it is rough and they will only pay accordingly. Obviously, if you have proof of servicing etc to support the mechanical condition then this is less of a concern. :001_smile: