another 'be careful out there story'

daveindales

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am just jeyous at least you have air ambulances there is none in ni and even the sea kings rescue choppers they are the Irsh goverments. its some thing that we most defently lack, the police have been known to take there seets out of there chopper before, to get stracher in

ps i hope you get better soon

Glad your ok....i too have had experience of the air ambulance......about ten years ago i pretty much severed my left arm...was picked you buy them....owe my life to them. I was privileged to represent them in front of a trust company looking to make donations. Must admit to my shame i never have contributions financially the the cause:blushing: But am proud to say my Dad has:thumbup:

While in hospital over Xmas I was staggered by the flights the Air Ambulance made, daily, I never dreamt they did so much. One day it came and went 3times, another day the AA landed, took off and then the Army Air Corps landed a heli on the pad with another heli hovering waiting to come in. They do a top job.

Also much credit to your ground guys for an excellent response to a potentially nasty situation, hope you gave them a drink after :001_smile:

+1

Im interested in what helmet you had on to

The helmet was a husqvarna climbing helmet. The cut is to the back of the scalp. about 10 or 12 staples in it. I also have a bruised right buttock (not too bad) and a bruise (painful) around my left kidney area. I landed on a previously lowered log, on my back. Urine sample showed blood in urine, but hospital did ct scan and ultrasound, results were clear. My urine still looks concentrated. I guess it's trauma to the kidney. Have to go for staples out in a weeks time, so i'll mention the urine to them.

Thanks everyone for the get well messages.

And yes, like some people have said, accidents always seem to happen when you least expect it, when you think most of the danger has passed, and not when your most alert