LOLER certification

arnoldbuchsassinger

Don't know of anyone but you can't test your own kit. Unless it's The daily check.

Yes that,s correct.

you should inspect your own kit before and after use and once a week recorded.

and six monthly independent inspection, for items subject to high levels of wear.

why are we starting this long boring road again, HSE information are ADVISORY they cannot force you to do there bidding, you have to use your COMMON SENSE !!!!, something that seems to have been thrown away these days.

Yes I agree with the long boring road,

It's a shame someone asks a simple question about training and it gets de-railed,

Then ends up as a big argument.

Yes that,s correct.

you should inspect your own kit before and after use and once a week recorded.

and six monthly independent inspection, for items subject to high levels of wear.

So if I have kit not subject to high levels of wear, they dont nedd inspection?

What about rigging kit, isnt the inspection interval for that 12 months?

Anyone know where i can do the course near to York area really, to be able to the loler checks, also anyone know how, if yourself is a loler tester/inspector, what happens with your own kit. Oh any idea of pricing

I can have a word with Jim tomorrow when I take my kit to be inspected if you like, Im sure he will know someone:sneaky2::001_rolleyes:

Hi

I know its been said here before, but to try to close it, may I quote from the LOLER98 Approved and Code of Practice and Guidance (ACOP) which although not the legislation, carries legal force. Regulation 9 states (paraphrased) that the person carrying out the examination should have appropriate knowledge and experience to do it properly. The guidance notes state that the examiner should be sufficiently independent and impartial to be able to operate without 'fear or favour'. It explicitly states that the examiner does not need to be from an external company.

I hope this is clear enough but no too wordy. I do our inspections and our insurers are fine with it.

I did my training with Chris at theabsolutearbcompany He was great.

Cheers

Currently im working in a place that enforces parts of the HSWeA 74, and have spent some time with joint warrant issues, in the last few months some of the sites ive seen have made me evern grayer than i was when i whent there!!!!

the enforcement attitude will look to the acop, and your culture, if it is a standard visit. there is a mountain of documentation to guide inspectors and officer as to 'public interest' 'concordats' c o p for public procicutors etc etc etc

if you have had an accident and it looks like it could be as a result of a failure in your loler system or that is a contributory factor then the verosity of that system will be challenged...

what ive learnt working on that side of the fence instead of the reciving side is that you must be prepaired to be challeneged, and if your methods comply with the acop or are better or equal things will be ok. but fail or do it wrong and they wont..

also dont forget the little gem, that now HSE can charge you for enforcment work at c.£135 an hour... focuses the mind a little..

so in short go ahead cheak your gear if you are competent to do so and have a sysytem in place that will demonstrait sutible indipendence, and just bear in mind "as i climb on it" is not a sutible argument...

cheers all

Yes I agree with the long boring road,

It's a shame someone asks a simple question about training and it gets de-railed,

Then ends up as a big argument.

Just because many of us have been around the block a few times, and seen it all before, should not make a topic boring, newer members need to ask, others need refreshing, and it's surprising how many still don't really know the facts, despite it being in trade magazines, H&S papers and even on here.

If "facts" posted here are incorrect, help fellow members by posting the real facts, backed up with links to H&S, there is no need for anything to end up in an argument, but it is a discussion forum for um mm discussion, so discuss away :001_smile: