new boots

plank_pusher

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I have a pair of Lavoro Sherwood's, they were fine until the outer sole of the heel in both boots got holes in them - the outer sole rubber is incredibly thin!

Brought them to Timpsons who said they're not possible to fix due to their construction - & recommended to buy boots with Vibram soles next time ...

Going to take them back to my dealer see what they will do for me - if nothing then Ill wear them til completely gone then make sure next pair I buy have got Vibram soles.

So not very happy as I've had them for only just over a year & not worn every day either!

Invest in boots. Can't stress that any more! It's what you use the most, plus think about how much sore cold feet will drag your morale down. Warm comfy feet only cost a bit more!

I have the meindl airstreams, went from haix blue ridge to these. And I'll be buying another pair when they wear out. Really comfy, good gripping sole cant beat them!

Agreed. Its seems like a lot now but £150 today and even with daily use you could get years out of them.

Husky Technical here-bloody comfy boot!

Hi Pete . I notice you give these a good rep every time there is a boot thing going on and I am sure they are good . Just odd that no one else seems to mention them . Any body else out there with Husky Technical boots then ??

Iv got a pair of Pfanner air tirrols- without doubt the toughest boot out there, and probably one of the more expensive too. I don't think they are the comfiest boot though despite the price- if I'm doing a lot of walking during the day I start to get a blister on the back of the heel. Trouble is I'm probably stuck with them for the next 10 years because there so durable!

Also I'd say they are more a forestry/ground workers boot than climbing.

Iv got a pair of Pfanner air tirrols- without doubt the toughest boot out there, and probably one of the more expensive too. I don't think they are the comfiest boot though despite the price- if I'm doing a lot of walking during the day I start to get a blister on the back of the heel. Trouble is I'm probably stuck with them for the next 10 years because there so durable!

Also I'd say they are more a forestry/ground workers boot than climbing.

I have Pfanner Zermatts and they are the most comfortable boots if you are standing still . Too stiff to walk about in but good for spiking . I use my Meindel wood walkers for most stuff ....