Fencing stakes that dont rot required.

tommer9

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Southern Timber, ipplepen, N. Abbot, Last time I went there I loaded up my trailer with some lovely looking stakes only to be told that they were 'special' stakes, and I believe they came with a 15yr guarantee, May be worth phoning them and mention your predicament. It will obviously cost more tho then standard stakes. As for strainers, how about getting a few telegraph poles in and cut them to length? Mole valley can order them.

Thanks for all the replioes so far guys- this is realy really helpful.

I have just rung him with some of what you have posted so far, and it sounds like it would have to be full rounds, which possibly rules out the chestnut anyway. The jacksons website looked promising.- TBH it didnt seem that dear when factored into the metreage price. Over 3km its alot of stakes and stariners etc etc, so with a big enough order there could be a bit of a discount and transport may not be such a blow.

he isnt a memebr, but i will probably email him a link to this thread.

Keep it coming, and thanks for your help:)

Wow- never thought of that. I assumed chestnut was all cleft for some reason (it hardly grows down here so we rarely see it ourside of chestnut palings or whatever that stuff with wire twisted through it is called)

I have sent my mate a link to this thread now, but could you PM me with a price on chestnut rounds? Ta.

I brought some of these fencing stakes that our warranty'd for 10yrs, paid the premium thinking it'd be worth it. The stakes came and the driver laughing gave me a piece of paper with some small print on it, quote from said small print 'warranty invalid if any item of any description is driven or screwed into the post howsoever done' I burst out laughing rung my supplier up and asked if i'd got the date wrong and it was april the first....... it was about last september.

u gotta love the small print!:lol: