Silky's bite...

Mark J

Friday the 13th,

I'd just got down from the tree, I went to cut a smallish branch on the ground so it would fit out the garden. Foolishly didn't think here my left hand was. It as little more than a bounce of the blade. A trip to see the lovely people in A & E, 2 stitches, no real damage...

59765f6c45ba6_2012-01-1311_46_29.jpg.7b0803254ff37995aef0f70bf91b6197.jpg

I used to get little nicks all the time, usually to my left hand (the silky being in my right)

Once I had a bad one. I hit myself in the left forearm and punctured an artery. Arterial bleeding up a tree is not good,even with full pressure of my other hand on the wound,i still had blood pumping out between my fingers. As I had to keep the pressure on, it looked like I needed rescuing, though just as my crew mate was coming up,i figured out a way to get down and hold the wound.

Most of my silky wounds have been due to pushing the saw through the cut. Since the bad one, I've always replaced the blade as soon as I need to start forcing it through to get a fast cut, usually now every three to four months. Fair enough, it costs a bit more than my former bi annual changes, but I haven't cut myself since

When I first started using a silky I did get a few nicks a couple quite nasty but since I moved over to the large long version the sugoi I have not had one cut since .

It may be the design and shape that do something but the sugoi is cracking saw and with no cuts off it I will never go back to the plain silky .

Littletree :thumbup:

When I first started using a silky I did get a few nicks a couple quite nasty but since I moved over to the large long version the sugoi I have not had one cut since .

It may be the design and shape that do something but the sugoi is cracking saw and with no cuts off it I will never go back to the plain silky .

Littletree :thumbup:

Watch it Fi, when you get a bite of the Sugoi with those big teeth it bites hard, ask Rich Rule!

Zubat 300 is my choice these days, and I stopped cutting myself when I started treating it with the same respect I give my 200.

That said, I would have nicked my forearm these week if I hadn't been wearing a fleece. God bless cold weather.