tinnitus

Steve Bullman

Must admit despite all the milling never suffered from it but I'm religious count wearing ear defenders.....

I've worn hat, muffs and visor since 1974, in fact since I traded up from Danarm DDA110 and I didn't use that much. Tinnitus is the bain of my life and just reading this thread makes it more prominent.

I've more than a sneaking feeling that chainsaw ear defenders aren't much cop for the lower noise from chippers, tractors and such but too late now, damage is done.

Had it from the age of 24. I always were Sordins and they are on ALL the time. Our ear-protection helps, but the attenuation over the years will cause hearing loss regardless. I'm always amazed when I see blokes working without ear-defence today, once its gone, its gone forever.

When I'm using a big saw (660, 880 etc), I wear ear-plugs under my Sordins. If I don't when I get home I can't hear conversations, TV etc.

It bothers my wife and kids more that me.....EH?

I've been doing tree work full time for 18 years and my hearing is still perfect, in fact I often hear things that my wife and children miss.

I do always wear muffs and have used PTO chippers more that tow behinds, I think tow behinds are much noisier.

Had it from the age of 24. I always were Sordins and they are on ALL the time. Our ear-protection helps, but the attenuation over the years will cause hearing loss regardless. I'm always amazed when I see blokes working without ear-defence today, once its gone, its gone forever.

When I'm using a big saw (660, 880 etc), I wear ear-plugs under my Sordins. If I don't when I get home I can't hear conversations, TV etc.

It bothers my wife and kids more that me.....EH?

our boss won't allow us to use plugs and muffs says its illegal!