2-Stroke mix in chain oil catastrophe.

rcarolina

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that why in 14 years of cutting i have never done any of those things?:sneaky2::001_tt2:
That's a good question ,I don't know .:confused1:

Oh for those who don't know "rocking a chain " is Yank talk for hitting the dirt with the chain .I'm about certain y'all have a different term,you usually do .

He must have put chain oil in the fuel tank for it to smoke.

I also clean out the oil tank with fuel and this doesn't cause any problems.

Have done all three of the naughty commandments, rocking the chain on a weekly basis still.:laugh1::blushing:

Make sure you flush the fuel tank out.

Maybe a 4th? Starting with the bar cover on?

I once did this and tried to catch it as it came off, not good for the hand.

Sounds like you were also doing a 5th, starting the saw with the brake off :sneaky2:

You maybe need to do a training course :sneaky2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Sounds like you were also doing a 5th, starting the saw with the brake off :sneaky2:

You maybe need to do a training course :sneaky2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

You are not wrong, I have used saws and mended them for 30yrs with no problems, then 3 months ago, just a moments distraction and......

Thats one reason why I feel that saws should not be sold without instruction etc as in the other thread.

You are not wrong, I have used saws and mended them for 30yrs with no problems, then 3 months ago, just a moments distraction and......

Thats one reason why I feel that saws should not be sold without instruction etc as in the other thread.

Nonsens!

First you say you've been using saws for 30 years.

Then you say "just a moment distraction..."

So, Say you've had the formal training (the way you post makes me think you've not) it would have been 30-odd years ago!

In the 30 years you've been using saw you'll have been aware of the fact that trying to grab something off a moving chain, or starting the saw with the brake off were not the best of ideas?

What I'm trying to say is your argument is flawed. No amount of training will help with that kind of incident. Yo knew full well it was stupid, yet without thinking you did it anyway. This is how a lot of accidents happen, the end of the day, a distraction, tired etc.

All excuses for lapsed attention, not lack of training/awareness.