load of new stihl 880+660 on ebay

littlerob

Recently one of my lawnmower suppliers, who does not allow his dealers to sell on e bay, found some of his kit advertised. They could not identify the seller, so placed an order under one of the staffs names.

The machine arrived and could then be traced to the seller. In tracing by serial number it was found to have been bought, along with several others, by the ebay seller from a genuine dealer on a stolen credit card.

The police were informed and the rogue seller was caught.

Any public who bought from the rogue seller were buying stolen goods.

Beware!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine has a huge garden machinery business on ebay is always getting container loads of stihl stuff and he is not a dealer but can quite easily get what ever stihl gear he want and because he buys a huge volume its cheap as chips so this guy could be doing the same . Me i always go to my local dealer as i want the backup. All so if it looks to good to be true it usually is.

why??? its a brand new saw for sale by a business seller with 100% posative feedback :confused1:

No, it's a picture of a brand new saw being sold on ebay by somebody who's only been a member for 4 months and from a residential address. Nothing there to quash my fears!

Now at then end of the day, this may well be totally "genuine". But personally there's too much doubt in my mind to throw 5 or 600 pounds to somebody I've never heard of, when for maybe just a few hundred more I could have one from a dealer that I KNOW does not have any hidden history.

You can't tell me that there isn't the tiniest bit doubt in your mind?

The disc cutters are cheap... might chance may arm on one of those :lol: