HS2 Buckinghamshire

nick channer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say time waits for no man, but I think it is more like man waits not on time, this is going against all public opinion and scientific opinion, so all thats left is monetery concerns, but wait, they said it was justifiable cost wise?

not only 27 ancient woodlands but several sites I know of one Savay lake in its path although not designated should be a sssi, these are not isolated sites iether.

This is has been pushed through despite public opinion for jobs to reduce the 2.6 million unemployed figures IMHO

if it was a new motorway that we'd get benifit from wouldnt be so bad..... cant see the need to get to birmingham in an hour to be honest... our local mp says its there to get cheap labour from midlands into london..... GREAT..

Cheap labour comes from eastern europe not Birmingham !!.

A rail line 100 yards from a pheasant drive is not to bad, yes you will loose birds in the banks and of course its a no no to fetch fallen game but it will be a sanctuary which is not a bad thing. I have stood on a peg no more than 15 yards from the east coast main line south of Peterborough, pretty busy and nothing was shot at that even might fall on the railway, a bit restricting yes but not a disaster.

What would be a disaster is using that soil in the valleys where the pegs are !!.

Remember that we are in the worst financial crises since 1929. At the time Hoover built a dam, cost a fortune but it put money on peoples pockets and started the worlds economies going again. I travelled to Birmingham from Northampton by train on a Sunday recently, had to stand all the way there and all the way back. This railway just might get our economy moving again.

A

Cheap labour comes from eastern europe not Birmingham !!.

A rail line 100 yards from a pheasant drive is not to bad, yes you will loose birds in the banks and of course its a no no to fetch fallen game but it will be a sanctuary which is not a bad thing. I have stood on a peg no more than 15 yards from the east coast main line south of Peterborough, pretty busy and nothing was shot at that even might fall on the railway, a bit restricting yes but not a disaster.

What would be a disaster is using that soil in the valleys where the pegs are !!.

Remember that we are in the worst financial crises since 1929. At the time Hoover built a dam, cost a fortune but it put money on peoples pockets and started the worlds economies going again. I travelled to Birmingham from Northampton by train on a Sunday recently, had to stand all the way there and all the way back. This railway just might get our economy moving again.A

Possibly short term,but at the cost of what though longterm? I think they could go a long way to improving existing transport routes (particularly train) etc before new ones are dreamt up. At the moment its cheaper to drive then to take a train, surely they need to work on that for a start.