insurance for navara

Johny Walker

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone look at Direct Line? I'm paying well under £400 for Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4 litre, business use, guaranteed hire vehicle, for both me and the wife. They're good. They also apply the NCD to our other car as well, and also my wife, as named driver, earns NCD in her own right so she can use this if insuring a car on her own.

Had renewal quote from my current insurer through: without haggling they wanted £935!

Took up your idea and quoted online with Direct Line. Didn't believe what the screen said so rang them and asked 'what have I missed?'

No tools cover it has to be said but I've bought fully comp, wife to drive, business use for:thumbup:..... £375!!!!!

One is grateful for one's suggestion. Cheers!

Jon

You lot don't know how lucky you are... Anything under a grand is good for my area, under 600 and I'd bite their arms off.

You want to live where I live Rich haha

NFU refused to renew mine as they don't insure my postcode anymore.

Refused to renew... they wouldn't even touch me in the first place. Apparently they don't cover 'City Farms'.

Just tried Direct Line - 2017.18p.

Be giving them a rather wide swerve then!

Jesus, your "Bronx" sounds worse than mine mate!!

I don't even live that close to the real 'Cronx' (Croydon).

FTR and to get back on topic, I use Trust for my commercial policy, but only got a good deal after they requested a copy of A.N.Other companies quote. Then somehow they dropped it by about 400 quid.

Mmmm...!

i'll be giving them a go then. Just had my renewal through with NFU for £584

Daft thing is that if my 'old' insurer had asked for that I'd have paid in full there and then and reckoned on getting a bargain.

The insurance industry surely needs to get the idea that people present risks, not postcodes or vehicles.

I'm 51, never had a claim and been with my now previous brokers for 7 years on the trot - and they come up with a renewal quote ~70% up on last year!

I'm waiting for them to call...