fuel cards

testcricket01

what fuel cards do people have?

im in process trying find a fuel card, never knew there was so many its crazy.

i think im going to go with the fuel genie card as you can use them in tescos and morrison garages. easier for me as i do alot of milage all over the place.

just wondering though do you have to have 2 cards if you have 2 vehicles? or can you use that card in whatever vehicle you like? just because i have my truck (deisel) and my car (petrol) i do quotes etc in and obviously some of the cards you have to spend so much a month is this for each card or just the whole acount? as the truck is 90% of my fuel easily.

thanks

James

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a card for any fuel, so you can fill your can, stump grinder, etc.

I had a Total card a few years ago, it was for fuel of any type and not for any one vehicle.

the one ive put a application in for i have ticked for deisel and petrol cant find anywhere in the small print that you cant use any vehicle, only thing that worries me is on the card you have to put the reg number. if worst comes to worst ill just have to take a 20L can with me and fill up the car from the can.

I have fuel genie and use it for 3 vehicles and petrol for saws. good card and it saves having loads of bits of paper to account for as you get a full print out every month so its easy to see where its going, taken out of my account on the same day every month so can ease cash flow on the bad months.

You may be able to add another reg.

by looks of it its just 1 reg per card, which sucks.

trying to remember back to when i was working for a company they had fuel cards i no when you went in to pay you had to give the reg number milage and a pin but i cant remember if it mattered what truck we was in.

i guess i will find out when i go to use it.

by looks of it its just 1 reg per card, which sucks.

trying to remember back to when i was working for a company they had fuel cards i no when you went in to pay you had to give the reg number milage and a pin but i cant remember if it mattered what truck we was in.

i guess i will find out when i go to use it.

I have one card reg to me not the vehicle, when i fill up they take the reg for records also i can give the card to one of the lads to call in and fill up as well.

I have fuel genie and use it for 3 vehicles and petrol for saws. good card and it saves having loads of bits of paper to account for as you get a full print out every month so its easy to see where its going, taken out of my account on the same day every month so can ease cash flow on the bad months.

thats what i like to hear, thats the main reason im finally getting round to getting 1, just got all my receipts, worked out my milage etc etc for acountants at the weekend and what a bundle that was :001_rolleyes:

I use a key fuels one for the HGV, you can use it at different fuel stations like BP, Shell and Tesco's i think. Basically anywhere you see the symbol. Its registered to the company so anyone can use it, they are pin coded so its just like using your debit/credit card except you give the vehicle reg.