Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

Newgale pebble beach defence has been demolished by the sea, it's been thrown over the entire road (now completely closed).

Here at Haverfordwest the howling strong wind & driving rain has been coming in waves, odd because it's been nice & calm & sunny in between.... quite a surreal weather pattern from anything I've experienced before in the UK.

The weather is not only weird, it's also quite worrying for where we may be heading in the future.

But climate change isn't happening, right???

Photos on the western telegraph here: http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/county/10911974.Live_updates_as_flooding_hits_Pembrokeshire/?ref=var_0

Edited by SteveA

Pics of the local Stour after the recent deluge.

The 3rd picture that Mat has posted here, the woodland on the hill in the background is in fact a yew woodland. I was told that it is the largest of its kind in the country but I cannot remember the source of that information so stand to be corrected. An amazing woodland none the less.

Edited by Marc Lewis

The 3rd picture that Mat has posted here, the woodland on the hill in the background is in fact a yew woodland. I was told that it is the largest of its kind in the country but I cannot remember the source of that information so stand to be corrected. An amazing woodland none the less.

HI MARC it now dry here mate after 175mm in week im told more wet weather on it way too thanks jon

More pics to come tomorrow morning:thumbup::lol: She rose 5 ft in the space of 5 hours today and was still rising.

Hard to believe it's still rising there. Not doubting it thou as the in-laws live at Christchurch and I have seen the flooding.

Our local river started dropping half an hour after the rained stopped. Went for a walk along it this morning to see what damage has been done but to be honest it looks pretty much the same just a bit scoured out. It is only a tiny river on Dartmoor but during the rains the water was lapping up near the tunnels of the bridge in picture 4.

DSC02038.jpg.cbb6cc3cbde24a1913c34f7c066b4928.jpg

DSC02024.jpg.df93992ac02f6bf02e761d298899ca71.jpg

DSC02018.jpg.0a8da65d59945aa12de64a0e78487ec3.jpg

DSC02009.jpg.5e30675fef1bf8541fa557ffa12d38e1.jpg

Hard to believe it's still rising there. Not doubting it thou as the in-laws live at Christchurch and I have seen the flooding.

Our local river started dropping half an hour after the rained stopped. Went for a walk along it this morning to see what damage has been done but to be honest it looks pretty much the same just a bit scoured out. It is only a tiny river on Dartmoor but during the rains the water was lapping up near the tunnels of the bridge in picture 4.

HI MATT/WOOD thanks for pics :thumbup1:mate now dry here mate thanks jon