pulled muscle

michael

Everyone takes different times to heal but try and rest it(even a day), also pack it with ice ( the miracle cure) depends how you handle it but i usually apply the ice for 15 min on and 15 min off not straight on your skin place the ice in a damp cloth, this will take away a lot of the inflammation, once the initial pain goes away start to stretch it, stretch until you hit the pain then ease off try stretch all areas and try to get full range of motion back, this will minimize the scar tissue and reduces the percentage of a recurring problem.

ive had hundreds of injuries (combat competition) and always repair them myself, doctors don't care they prescribe you drugs and i dont trust physios.

wish you a speedy recovery.

Good advice. Hot and cold alternatively applied can help, too- hot water on area then ice and repeat ad infinitum.

Stretching/ warming up the muscles before working can help prevent pulling/straining/tearing muscles.

Cod liver oil is for joints I believe, not muscle tissue.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

and i dont trust physios.

QUOTE]

why not? my girlfriends one and she hasnt killed me yet. i am interested in your distrust though

The experience i found with them was they seemed to "drag out" the treatment to another visit, then another to get more money from you ( im not saying they are all like that just the ones i went to) and i never seemed to recover very quick, after doing quite a bit of studying of anatomy, i find now if i get injured i understand what is wrong and can start a recovery program straight away, but in all honesty prevention is better than the cure, i try and keep my body strong,supple and well hydrated and im sure this aids recovery and reduces the injuries i receive, also if i am injured i rest and recover as i would rather be healthy than have money, it amazes me that people struggle on when they know there is a problem the same folk would not dream of driving the pick up with the oil light flashing!!! they would immediately stop, park it up and get it fixed.

Your body is the most valuable machine you posses look after it.

I used to have a few minor back problems just over a year ago. would be working as normal just about to lift a log (normally the biggest i could find :001_smile:) then get that dreaded twinge in your lower back forcing me not to carry too much weight for the rest of the day.Wasn't too sure what the answer was, spoke to somebody who had seen a doctor about it and he advised streches. Theres 6 diffrent ones to do in total which i narrowed it down to 3, its a pain getting out of bed first thing laying down and doing streches but for the 5 minutes it takes its well worth it. Ive been doing them for the last year and suffered no back problems atall and thinking about it no other real muscle trouble either. its surprising how much difference they have made.

I used to have a few minor back problems just over a year ago. would be working as normal just about to lift a log (normally the biggest i could find :001_smile:) then get that dreaded twinge in your lower back forcing me not to carry too much weight for the rest of the day.Wasn't too sure what the answer was, spoke to somebody who had seen a doctor about it and he advised streches. Theres 6 diffrent ones to do in total which i narrowed it down to 3, its a pain getting out of bed first thing laying down and doing streches but for the 5 minutes it takes its well worth it. Ive been doing them for the last year and suffered no back problems atall and thinking about it no other real muscle trouble either. its surprising how much difference they have made.

Are they the sort of pressups where you keep your hips on the floor?

Are they the sort of pressups where you keep your hips on the floor?

yeah similar to that, except for on all fours, then arch your back towards the ceiling and then towards the floor if you get what i mean. count that as 1 and do 10 in total. Gets your back nice and warmed up before you go to work and put it under all types of strain. :001_smile:.