Quitting coffee.

skyhuck

Good luck with it Dave - amazing how the body gets so habituated to things like this....

Would it be worth rather than going cold turkey to ease down gradually? Would probably be better for you if you can do it like that. Give yourself a schedule. I expect you'd have less withdrawal symptoms.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee is packed with mind altering substances in addition to caffeine though, tea has some caffeine but it wont replace coffee.

Coffee contains two mild pyscotropics, and an as yet unknown substance which stimulates production of cortisone and adrenaline.

Decaff on the other hand usually contains trichloroethylene, methylene chloride, or ethyl actetate, none of which are very good for you.

Plus it dehydrates you and you become dependent on it, get some green tea it flushes your system and gets easier to drink the more drink it.

Thats actually a bit of a myth, its a mild diuretic, (makes you pee), but does not dehydrate you.

I've decided to quit coffee, I've be a big coffee drinker for about 30 years.

I normally have two before I leave the house in a morning and take one with me in a travel cup, I have a flask of de-cafe for the rest of the day, but always accept a proper coffee from customers if its offered. I will then generally have 3 or 4 cups in the evening.

My blood pressure as aways been a bit high (145 over 90), but recently its been getting higher (160 over 110 and higher)

So I then wethought I'd give up coffee for a bit and see if it helped, I cannot believe how bad the withdrawal symptoms have been. Stinking headaches and feeling really sick.

Plus I normally take a dump every morning after my first coffee, I'm as regular as clock work. I quit coffee two days ago and have not taken a dump yet :001_huh:

Nice one Dave, very hard to do, I did it and then went to Rome!! Strong coffee for a week then back to Decaff. I have a coffee machine and I got some illy Decaff, it's great tastes like real coffee but withou the rush, not the same I agree but......:)

Sent from my I pad coz I'm gullible for buying apple products!

Im tea all the way in the main with the odd "proper" coffe which is most enjoyable.

Cut it down slow like any drug.:001_smile:

As for the lack of dump,do what the mathematician did.

Sit down and work it out with a pencil!:lol:

or with your fingers if no paper is available:001_tt2:

Edited by Matthew Storrs
spelling error

Im tea all the way in the main with the odd "proper" coffe which is most enjoyable.

Cut it down slow like any drug.:001_smile:

As for the lack of dump,do what the mathematician did.

Sit down and work it out with a pencil!:lol:

Like a smoke do ya maye:)