Yet another great job to price!!

treedweller

Well my overheads are low as I work full time and do the treework and firewood when ever I get a spare min. I want to go fully self employed next year and definitely will as I'm doing great I just havnt got enough hrs in the day at the moment. I've built up my kit and equipment over the last 3-4 yrs and although it might not be shiny or say the right name on it, its safe and serviceable. I would quite happily work for another arb company but there are no jobs around here and the guys who have jobs say the money is diabolical. This is why I choose to slowly ease myself into starting out alone instead of just jumping in. Plus I have mouths to feed and can't afford to go through dry spells without a contingency.

Insurance??:)

Sent from my I pad coz I'm gullible for buying apple products!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£425 per day for 3 blokes! Including fuel etc! What happens if you knacker a saw or need a new chain? How do you pay for new saws and chains in the future? You've got to get some contingency money and profit into the equation. Double it. If you don't make nowt out of it then it doesn't sound like it's worth the effort.

Too many people going in too cheap!

Can you get customer to keep the chip for weed suppression, seeing as it looks like the Congo, and to keep the logs?