Hands like cardboard

predator

cheers thank for all the advice etc my sister has e45 cream and has offered me a tub full

but fancy the snowfire could you tell me where to buy it as i,ve never seen it advertised and i do get dermatitis wet leaky itchy skin on the backs of my finders all caused by wearing rubber gloves in the past so can only use the builder rubber grippy ones for short periods so with the cols weather and my first time mauling with logs alot etc my hands are suffering now rough and very dry splitting on the tips too and can will get very sore for me and start bleeding etc

That's exactly what I have trouble with. When I used to work as an ag engineer I found that my hands would fall apart when I wore latex gloves, so FECKING ITCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably very bad for them but I find now that if I dip my hands in very hot water then slather them in Snowfire, that dulls the itchy sensation for long enough for the Snowfire to soften them up and stop them itching and splitting more.

I buy it from the local chemist, it's not widely available I don't think, I don't remember ever seeing it on a shelf, you'll need to ask at the counter probably. About 4 or 5 quid a stick I think...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Snowfire'

Never heard of it, bought some yesterday and I'm really impressed.

I've suffered with dry itchy skin on my left hand for years, in winter the skin splits and in summer it blisters. Also,my four year old has had some pretty sore chilblains for about a week now and this stuff has really made a difference.

Cheers Mark for putting me on to it.:thumbup:

You should always use gloves when doing oily, dirty mechaniky type jobs. Nitrile (food prep) gloves are great, much tougher than latex ones. Your hands only generally itch if you keep them on and sweat inside them (great way of cleaning already oil hands btw) so what I do is throw them away every ten minutes or so, wipe my hands with paper towel, apply talcum powder and don a fresh set of gloves. Never had a problem. Gloves, talcum powder and paper towels are cheap- your health shouldn't be.