Flipping customers.....ggrrrrrrr

Pedroski

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously we all have to wait for money from clients who need an invoice.... ie.. developers, builders, landscape gardners etc.... buy most private customers dont want or need an invoice and if they do i always send them one in post...i write an invoice out for every cheque i get and unless they request it there copy goes in bin leavin one for the vat man/bookkeeper to see..... end of every job one of my guys is knocking on there door for cheque.. if there not in when we're finished i'll be round next day to collect.... weeks not end of world but they shoulda said that from start....

i even do jobs sometimes and get 3 or 4 post dated cheques over 3 or 4 months to help them out.. usually the first cheque covers all costs so its not problem and i no this is situation from start..

done a tree for a local care home,took almost a month to pay:001_huh:

give them a few calls asking for payment,the response was the normal speel,we pay contractors on a certain day of the month,blah,blah.

well that day came and went,in the end phoned head office and said everyday that goes by i will be adding £10 interest,had the cheque next day :001_tt2:

I think it is since it is his money, unless you would like to spot him a loan to hold him over untill his customer decides to pay him for his labor and material:sneaky2:

easy-lift guy

I can't speak for the guy's personal circumstances, but in general, if a company is really badly affected by one cheque arriving a week late, it's doing something wrong. (unless it's a two week job, running into thousands perhaps..)

i even do jobs sometimes and get 3 or 4 post dated cheques over 3 or 4 months to help them out.. usually the first cheque covers all costs so its not problem and i no this is situation from start..

With so many ex-pats on limited incomes this is a service I offer:thumbup1:

Ty

weks not to bad but it is if you want or need the money this week the longest ive waited for payment to turn up was wroking through a solicitors that was a part of probate of a will head of local council had to have a say alsorts this guy happend to die and never touched his garden or 8 years bramble as fare as the eye can see and that bad they showed me the job trough the upstairs window the solicitors was dealing trough me i have work for them on and of for 2 years and i had to wait a massive 30 weeks after finishing the job

I can't speak for the guy's personal circumstances, but in general, if a company is really badly affected by one cheque arriving a week late, it's doing something wrong. (unless it's a two week job, running into thousands perhaps..)

I can speak for my own circumstances, and l since I am not a bank I do not loan out services or product for payment in the future. It is not a matter of a company " doing something wrong ", it's called cash flow. Some companies can afford to put off their bills since everyone else seems at times to have the same business plan when it comes to receivables. I personelly would not have the nerve to not pay someone after services have been rendered. I have had customers try to burn me in the past and they have paid for their decision after the fact but paid none the less.

easy-lift guy.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. The cash flow thing for a week isn't really a big deal as I have a spare couple of grand. But what hacks me off a bit is that I got the job in asap for him as:

a) he was getting pressured by a bloke whose house adjoins his field and who was worried that the one 120ft poplar was unsafe and wanted it done pronto

b) he told me he was going away for a week on Thursday this week and asked me specifically to do it at the beginning of the week so it was done before he went.

Stupid me, assuming that sorting everything out asap for him would also mean he paid me asap....I withdrew £800 from the bank yesterday and paid wages for the job!

Still, that's life I guess. I knocked his door just now and gave him a proper invoice. He said again he'll pay me as soon as he's back. I asked if he could give me a cheque before going but he said he needs to transfer money from one of those accounts where you have to give a few days notice to withdraw funds. I really don't want to push it at the moment as the work done so far is just the first stage of other work he wants doing after the new year, so I'm going to just try and chill about it now :)