560xpg

Charlieh

Well what can I say, been doing some windblown trees this afternoon first tankfull through the saw its really really impressive it runs so sweetly and the acceleration is unreal considering its not broken in. Its really smooth in the cut not the aggresive feel you expect with a husky like the 346/254/372, but its got shed loads of power. I like the larger diameter front handle this has over the 346, its easier if wearing gloves. Its on a 15" bar and its great, going to get an 18" for doing some bigger stuff as I dont have any doubts this will handle a bigger bar with ease! (got an 8pin sprocket to fit as well once its a bit more run in :thumbup1: although that would render most of my ppe under-rated as the chainspeed could exceed 24mtr/s)

Im so pleased i took the risk to get one after the initial problems with the electrics, if it gets better as it runs in I can really see this being one of huskys best saws :thumbup: its not struggled with anything i have thrown at it, including some large rowans. Im looking forward to get a few more tankfuls through it

IMAG0762.jpg.58fe7516f6e1a5cfb4d22653102d222f.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite interesting because I am desperately needing a bigger saw but with the new 50cc husky coming out in spring I am very reluctant to purchase a 346xp. If the 560xpg is as good as you say it could well fill a little niche in the market and i think will have to look at this saw seriously.

Well what can I say, been doing some windblown trees this afternoon first tankfull through the saw its really really impressive it runs so sweetly and the acceleration is unreal considering its not broken in. Its really smooth in the cut not the aggresive feel you expect with a husky like the 346/254/372, but its got shed loads of power. I like the larger diameter front handle this has over the 346, its easier if wearing gloves. Its on a 15" bar and its great, going to get an 18" for doing some bigger stuff as I dont have any doubts this will handle a bigger bar with ease! (got an 8pin sprocket to fit as well once its a bit more run in :thumbup1: although that would render most of my ppe under-rated as the chainspeed could exceed 24mtr/s)

Im so pleased i took the risk to get one after the initial problems with the electrics, if it gets better as it runs in I can really see this being one of huskys best saws :thumbup: its not struggled with anything i have thrown at it, including some large rowans. Im looking forward to get a few more tankfuls through it

HI mate looks a good saw there is it better then a a old 361 or a new 362 on a 15/16 ins bar i see that the 560 has more power just and a lot cheaper what do you all think thanks jon :thumbup:

I have never been a fan of small-mid sized stihls so im probably not the best person to ask on a comparison, but it feels like a proper forestry saw to me just how it handles it just feels right. To me stihls feel fine for logging up but i wouldnt want a stihl in the woods all day they just dont feel quick enough (but this is personal opinion obviously, before i get attacked by stihl owners)

glad you took the risk and it payed off,as i didnt!

i myself like you am husky through and through[ground saws only :001_rolleyes:]

i was in the market for one but was put off by the problems the saw was having,so i bought a 372xp[not that i regret it :thumbup1:]

so maybe one at later a date :laugh1:

Edited by Martyn Amos

Has Justin had any problems?

I'm afraid Justin has way to many problems to list :biggrin:but as to my knowledge they appear sound:thumbup1: am looking forward to gettin my dirty mitts on it, never really liked husky much but since working at justins I've run loads of different husky saws and it's a pity I don't get much of a chance to use them properly