Christmas Tree Rip Off.

Pedroski

if your still looking for someone i have a mate at plumpton college that family runs a christmas tree farm i could get his number for u as he should be slightly cheaper

or google dig ur own christmas trees as they are an awefulo lot cheaper

Definitely interested in the number Dent. We got sorted in the end today, but I'd like the number for next time and also my bro' in Ditchling wants a tree. Mrs went to B&Q hoping to get a 4 footer for £20, but all the small ones left were manky little 2 to 3 footers. So she bought a 5 footer for £35. When I got home to unwrap it, I though WTF! It had been cut in such a way that the branches were right at the very bottom of the trunk. The only way to put it in a stand was to saw off 4 of the bottom branches which then left it really pathetic, just like a 4 footer would have been. So I rang up B&Q and asked for bloke in charge. Had a right ding dong telling them I was disgusted at the price of the tree for what it was. The fella tried telling me that some customers like them like that so that just started me off even more. I then asked him if he was in charge, to which he replied that he was. So I then asked him if he was allowed to make decisions, to which he replied that he was. So I then asked him if he would rather refund me £10 or if he would rather I took the tree back and made a fuss in the shop. To which he made the decision to refund me £10. At least we can now look at the tree without thinking that it had cost us £35. £10 refund was done this afternoon. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely interested in the number Dent. We got sorted in the end today, but I'd like the number for next time and also my bro' in Ditchling wants a tree. Mrs went to B&Q hoping to get a 4 footer for £20, but all the small ones left were manky little 2 to 3 footers. So she bought a 5 footer for £35. When I got home to unwrap it, I though WTF! It had been cut in such a way that the branches were right at the very bottom of the trunk. The only way to put it in a stand was to saw off 4 of the bottom branches which then left it really pathetic, just like a 4 footer would have been. So I rang up B&Q and asked for bloke in charge. Had a right ding dong telling them I was disgusted at the price of the tree for what it was. The fella tried telling me that some customers like them like that so that just started me off even more. I then asked him if he was in charge, to which he replied that he was. So I then asked him if he was allowed to make decisions, to which he replied that he was. So I then asked him if he would rather refund me £10 or if he would rather I took the tree back and made a fuss in the shop. To which he made the decision to refund me £10. At least we can now look at the tree without thinking that it had cost us £35. £10 refund was done this afternoon.

The poor guy :thumbdown:

He's just trying to do his job, you saw the tree (or at least your wife did) if you did not like it why buy it???:confused1:

How could you ask for your money back after you had cut branches off it??:confused1:

I'm so glad your not one of my customers :thumbdown:

Sounds to me like you basically stole £10 off them.

Edited by skyhuck

He's just trying to do his job, you saw the tree (or at least your wife did) if you did not like it why buy it???:confused1:

How could you ask for your money back after you had cut branches off it??:confused1:

Have to agree it does rather sound like he was bullied into giving the tenner back to you when really he didn't have to. Its not like it suddenly developed the ability to not stand in a stand after you bought it

Basically stole £10, how could you ever come to that conclusion when it was handed over.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Basically stole £10, how could you ever come to that conclusion when it was handed over.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Because he put they other guy in a impossible position, he has to either give him the £10 or take back a damaged tree and have an unpleasant seen in front off customers.

That in my book is extortion, also known as theft.

Edited by skyhuck

Most big chain stores have a moneyback system inplace to satisfy customers who are not pleased with the product they have bought, afterall the customer is always right.

Indeed, but not if you have chopped lumps off the product.

Also he did want his money back he just wanted some of his money back.

How do we feel when we have completed the agreed work and then the customer tries to knock down the price??

If he did not like the tree why buy it??

If he was unhappy with his wife's purchase, he could have taken it back, without fuss and without having damaged it.