why are spikes so expensive???

straight fell

Listen here you , its not my fault i have crap dress sense, i love that dress and thats all that matters. And no i dont wear it for climbimg in! That dress does look good with me flat cap on mind.

Edited by skyhuck
language

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen here you, its not my fault i have crap dress sense, i love that dress and thats all that matters. And no i dont wear it for climbimg in! That dress does look good with me flat cap on mind.

:lol::lol: I bet you're a 'rouge trader'

What about the watch though? That is definetly a girls watch.

Edited by skyhuck
language in the quote

:lol:

So what about them janky old spikes, you got a buy it it now for em.....:laugh1:

I know a bloke in china that's looking for a pair......:laugh1:

Make me an offer and i will weld em back up so they look good. there yours mate if you want em.:thumbup1:

• 2 months later...
im in the market for some spikes after having my old pair stolen back home in england but cant get my head round why the are so damn expensive:001_huh: i wanted some titanium buckinghams after using my friends over here but i cant find any cheaper than £300!!! you can buy an old car cheaper than that!!! found some steel bashlins for £186 that seem good but never used them, has anyone on here???

PS if anyone has a decent second hand pair going let me know please!!:thumbup:

An old car is going to be really heavy strapped to your feet mate and your tree climbing ability will suffer for it.:biggrin:

these look better value.

tree climbing spikes | eBay

Thats the same cheap crap as i posted, made in poland out of old coke cans and knicker elastic.

Rather than think about the price think about what they are really worth, the seller on ebay has to make money on the sale so how much are they really worth?

Cant see what the problem is spending £200-£300 quid on good gear that will last years.

these look better value.

tree climbing spikes | eBay

Good price for a set of Arboriculturuallalalaly spikey wikes.

He is even honest about the shonky forging as they are end of line clearance you could find the end of your line to if the past few pages are anything to go by.

We all like a bargin, if I could find a set of Genuine Bashlins, Bucks or Geckos at close to those prices i'd be happy.

But for piece of mind i'd rather pay £300 for a brand new pair of genuine spikes, sure £300 is a lot of folding but like has been mentioned here already they are not exactly high volume mass consumer products. And lets face it a good set of spike should last the average climber near on 10years so that works out at £30 a year.

I can understand it, hell i'm the same what with the rising costs of living we all look to save a bit here and there.