glad times have changed

nuggsy

no not at all, we get it drummed into our heads at college about all these differt chains and bars and all sorts, i dont like the ramped hobby type chains but im just making the point of all these things are in lace for our safety, it is then up 2 the oprator weather they use them or not :)

whoops, i deleted my post cos i edited and started rambling on big style, didnt realise anyone had replied :blushing:

its actually a good thing that you're taking an interest in the safety advances. you will soon learn though, that low kickback chains sap productivity, rear chainbrakes are a solution looking for a problem IMO. if the saw is being used properly then theres no need for them at all, and the last thing we need is them becoming mandatory.

thats a pretty balanced opinion youve got there. I like it. dont get caught up with the holier than thou crowd round here, its getting long in the tooth. be concerned with your own safety and that of everyone around you on the job site, particularly the public. to be overly concerned with what everyone else is doing seems to make one bitter.

my favourite safety addition is heated handles. next saw i buy will have them! :001_cool:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not at all, we get it drummed into our heads at college about all these differt chains and bars and all sorts, i dont like the ramped hobby type chains but im just making the point of all these things are in lace for our safety, it is then up 2 the oprator weather they use them or not :)

college teaches you tonnes and tonnes of useful stuf, but also a lot of crap too, you'll soon realise that after a year or so of professional work.

like being taught to drive a vehicle-your taught to pass a test, once you passed, you then start learning.

try not to take what your lecturers take as gospel, with no other alternitave, and you'll do well :thumbup1:

After some of the muppets I 've worked with......I think you totally miss the point!!!:sneaky2:

Yeh, maybe I did.

I'm just a little sensitive these days when it comes to PPE and the lack of it as seen in the vid. The sensitivity is caused by the many accidents our industry has seen recently. I’m also concerned at how we portray ourselves to others (HSE for example) The guy should be criticised, not congratulated.

I’m also concerned at how we portray ourselves to others (HSE for example) The guy should be criticised, not congratulated.

Why criticised? He is most likely working on his own property, and has manged to reach a ripe old age without lethal injury.

maybe we shouldnt live... just in case we might die?

poor way of portaying the situation ?

the point in me putting this vid up was to show how much safety and ppe has come along over the years. my grandad worked machinery like that when he was in the woods, no ppe at all except a hard hat when they were eventually introduced