Rope Wrench feedback

Thanks guys for the rope info. I've got a 60m Marlowe abseil rope so I'll try it.

Right, I'm really into this now as I just climbed around a tall narrow busy maple on my RW and loved it. My technique is crap but I totally get the deal now so, my next question:

Using a LJ I see that when I sit back on it, it's twisted until I descend a touch so the RW gets into position. This concerns me as it wasn't designed for this.

I can picture in my head that a SJ wouldn't do this but I don't have one.

Ian Flatters and other LJ users, are you worried about this?

Yeah it twists to the left but doesn't seen to affect anything in its movement or working with it.

I didn't explain that very well it seems.

When I sit back all my weight goes onto the LJ. At this point the LJ twists. This is what worries me.

When I descend slightly and the RW comes into play my weight is then divided between the LJ and RW.

What concerns me is while ascending, if I slip my weight will go onto the right hand side of the LJ. That's not good!

The RW isn't rated for PPE it doesn't need to be it only puts enough friction in the system to allow the chosen hitch or device to work...

This needs clarification. The RW is not intended for life support so your primary friction device be it a hitch, LJ,SJ or whatever, must function on a single rope in a totally reliable manner as the life support system. The RW is only there to allow smooth and fluid movement. If what you are using will not hold you safely without the RW, rethink your setup.

Dave