Rope Wrench feedback

Also I would like to find out more about implications of and techniques for rescue using the wrench.

Do you mean rescuing a climber who is on the wrench, or rescuing a climber using the wrench?

If the former, can't see it making much difference. You could either transfer them to your system or just descend on both fairly easily.

The one scenario that might cause problems is bringing two climbers down on one wrench.

When you tie off at the top it can be very hard to pull out from the ground if you di not have a straight pull. Never had a problem with a trunk tie off.

I can retreive the rope with a top or bottom tie off easily, if its a straight pull. The trouble I have is that because its srt I am not always coming down straight. Kind of defeats the object of using all these re directs when the rope gets stuck at the very end. I guess picking the routes that work well and allow easy return of the rope is all part of the learning curve.

I can retreive the rope with a top or bottom tie off easily, if its a straight pull. The trouble I have is that because its srt I am not always coming down straight. Kind of defeats the object of using all these re directs when the rope gets stuck at the very end. I guess picking the routes that work well and allow easy return of the rope is all part of the learning curve.

Really? I have had mine thru 8 redirects and can still pull it out:thumbup1:

maybe you just need a big girl pulling ;) seriously though, sometimes it takes a bit of a tug to get in going, but once on the go, it just keeps going.