Rope Wrench feedback

just watched the vid....did you use the rope wrench in a DbRt Style to come down from the last chog before felling? Also how does the RW work when you make an initial ascent into the tree to establish a high working anchor point? as i feel it would be more time consuming to establish a top anchor from climbing from the ground than using Dbrt? or would it be that you climb up using Dbrt and then switch? but then the RW cant be fitted midline can it??? confused i'd say i was

Hi Dilz, it can be fitted midline with a different pin, of which i don't own one. Um going up and setting an anchor can be a lot quicker. Throw it over the branch you want the base anchor it and away you go. In this case i went up with the line on a base anchor, got my groundsman to undo it and tied it to make a top anchor. Worked the tree, stuck some spikes on for the last 2 sections then switched the connection to DRT to decend so i could retrieve the top anchor easily.

Hope this gives you a better mental image, i will get some pictures and better footage next week at the reccy climb if the weather is good.

Why not use the SJ with your RW though as the concept is the same?

Also, what rope do you use for SRT?

I don't want to use the HC. Having used the unicender for a good while I like the uncluttered simple set up. I loved the SJ in Ddrt.

I think I probably could use the SJ with the RW but I would have to work out how to use it without the HC. Perhaps if i took the Velcro off and modified it to accept the tether?

I use Marlowe static for SRT.