Rope Wrench feedback

Had a go on my rw today reduced a horrible spindly oak I really enjoyed it and found I could get Into some positions I would really struggle to on drt. I manage to reduce one half of the tree with just one redirect, the freedom of srt is great but I did find once into position I found it hard relaxing due to stretch in the line.

personally i think people are creating a problem that doesnt exist regarding redirects...

plan your climb work the tree, theres no need for mulitple redirects

im surprised more people dont know how to retrive there system back through natural redirects without having to climb back through them

Do you retrive your natural redirects by chucking enough slack down so you can pull the whole system back through it once back under it? Is their another method you use? Interesting to find other ways as I am new to this whole redirect method let alone srt.

I have also found that installing redirects & pre loading them a little on angles that may cause problems with excessive pull & isolating them before I work off of it has enabled me to share the load & utilize smaller points than I would on ddrt.

I will give Kevin's vid another look too on the horse tie knot & give that a go soon.

Cheers for any feed back

Had a go on my rw today reduced a horrible spindly oak I really enjoyed it and found I could get Into some positions I would really struggle to on drt. I manage to reduce one half of the tree with just one redirect, the freedom of srt is great but I did find once into position I found it hard relaxing due to stretch in the line.

Do you mean the line stretches out and puts you a little further than you planned?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIVaE-JuvA4]oak to oak - YouTube[/ame]

here is a little video of some wrenchin. Note the first part is a very good technique for passing through awkward redirects. You can use a friction hitch to weight your Single line and then safely pass your rig through the redi. that way, you never have to put your full weight on the branch your redirecting through.

A nice non retrievable redi on srt is To tie an alpine bfly in your rope, chuck a sling round a branch and clip the bfly to it- this eliminates the stretch problem. Not very adjustable but you can use a prussic in place of the bfly if your after adjustability. It may help at times, esp on windy days...

A nice non retrievable redi on srt is To tie an alpine bfly in your rope, chuck a sling round a branch and clip the bfly to it- this eliminates the stretch problem. Not very adjustable but you can use a prussic in place of the bfly if your after adjustability. It may help at times, esp on windy days...

Thanks drew I will give that a try, and dan yes that's what I meant I'm sure in time I will get used to it I'm

A sj fan so going back to a hitch is very strange for me

Let alone srt! After today I will be giving the rw alot more time.

Joe, when I was having similar problems, omt suggested working out how much rope you need before you get to work positioning point. As in go out on the limb already positioned on the rope for your final WP. It'll help in the short term but once you get used to making little adjustments you'll be fine:D

Hey guys.interested in what you guys think of the new rw. Thinking of getting the new one(primarily because it's red) but want to know if it's that much better?at the end of the day it serves no other purpose but not much more could have been changed I suppose.slightly annoyed no clip for LOTS was added tho,thought that was on everyone's mind for improvement

Stay safe

Jake:thumbup1: