Rope Wrench feedback

Okay,nice one.have to give it another go with srt takedowns I think.also I have the same boots as you,do you find the pantin slipping off where the boots are so wide and the thread slips out the bottom or comes loose to the point of not Woking.been foot locking lately during sort and my abs are taking a right beating.

Jake:thumbup1:

So is your foot not slightly twisted when ascending,uncomfortable?

Jake:thumbup1:

No.

I can feel it's in a different place but it makes no difference. I found that I I positioned the Pantin on the shank, it would be in the way and be pressing against the tree.

I suppose the perfect solution is to epoxy a Pantin onto the shank but position it a few inches higher up.

I put my pantin on before my spikes & seat it on the back side of the gaff.

Don't find any probs with comfort/twisting.

Just a little paranoid after losing a pantin in a river whilst an a take down of multi stemmed ivy clad crack willow & had it on the outside of the shank.

I put my pantin on before my spikes & seat it on the back side of the gaff.

Don't find any probs with comfort/twisting.

Just a little paranoid after losing a pantin in a river whilst an a take down of multi stemmed ivy clad crack willow & had it on the outside of the shank.

I tried that but it was really uncomfortable. It probably has has a lot to do with the different boots we all wear and how each person walks. By that I mean ankle shape etc.

In any case, it's important to find what feels good for you and go with it.:thumbup1:

So just spent an hour this afternoon constructing myself a new stiff tether, the petzl shortys are ok but I was thinking the the fat end loops were pushing the side cheeks on the wrench apart!! Anyway regardless I ended up with this Dmm quick draw sling perfect loop end width, then I covered the floppy part of the sling with the sheave of some tachyon rope and added 4 loads of heat shrink wrap, yet to try it but it looks like a winner :biggrin:

image.jpg.43cc76c0e644592d7ded2a5f24a63282.jpg