Rope Wrench feedback

Would the sj sit better if you had 2 legs of tether and tied a leg to each side of the sj? Just wondering....

Tried that but they get in the way of the brake lever, I'm going to get my friend engineer to make me a dog legged metal tether that will keep it inline.

Albere, how are you finding the spiderjack combo. Ive been trying it for a couple of weeks now and to be honest ive retired the idea. I found when ascending and when the wrench was in neutral that the sj wouldnt engage until i forced the lever up. If i was to slip or my pantin was to slipoff the rope it would have been a freefall for me:thumbdown:. I think mark is right for the Vt and hitchclimber,saying that i watched flatters video using the lockjack and rw and looked as tho they rated it. I just know that a friction hitch will definatly catch me if anything were to go wrong.:thumbup:

Stay Safe

Jake

Albere, how are you finding the spiderjack combo. Ive been trying it for a couple of weeks now and to be honest ive retired the idea. I found when ascending and when the wrench was in neutral that the sj wouldnt engage until i forced the lever up. If i was to slip or my pantin was to slipoff the rope it would have been a freefall for me:thumbdown:. I think mark is right for the Vt and hitchclimber,saying that i watched flatters video using the lockjack and rw and looked as tho they rated it. I just know that a friction hitch will definatly catch me if anything were to go wrong.:thumbup:

Stay Safe

Jake

Hello jake iv not had a chance to try it yet but I take on board what you have said, sounds like you had similiar problems to someone else who I no, how long was your tether?

Iv made a metal teather like you described,but only a strait peice. i usually descend with my left hand so i placed the metal on the right side of the the sj.when i used my right hand to descend it wasnt a major issue. But its no problem cuz like i said im finished with that combo now. i think ill use the sj for one job and rw for others. Plus it ends up being your main system being worth around £300 which is pretty nuts considering that a h/c and cord is only £30ish. and the s/j doesnt make you 10 times quicker...........just 10 times cooler:thumbup1:

I have the dyneema version so annoyingly i could only ascend with LOTSclipped into the dyneema to release the sj locking mechanism:sneaky2: but then it would just run free and not engage.tbh it the only reason i stopped using it.on the way down and for branch walks its super smooth.just the saftey factor let it down for me.and the fact you cant attach it mid line makes it impossible to work with.again this is only my opinion,and my experiance.im sure youll give it ago but just be careful!!!!!!!!