cancelled cheque

bill

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the legallity think your only option would be the small claims court ...but first always go round and calmly speak to them with a copy of your invoice, then if no joy or they are in dire straits give them a couple of months to pay. Then if they are w@nkers and dont want to pay use them as cheap land-fill, return with a 7.5t tipper and of load off a few tonnes of crap onto their front door garden/drive way.

If anything the satisfaction would be worth it.

call them up and try to speak to them even better arrange a meeting,find out what the problem is and try and appease, if no luck then send them another bill with recorded delivery, this then stands you in better stead if it has to go further. this has happend to me twice and have resolved the situation by asking for a reduced amount(egnough to cover costs ie lads wages etc, then calmly saking them never to phone me again

• 2 years later...

If you have to go the small claims court route there is a set process to go through - sending reminder invoice recorded delivery with notification of statutory period in which to cough up (not sure if it is 14, 21 or 28 days) before proceedings will be taken. - Speak to a solicitor as you will probably get some initial advice for free then after that it depends on there quote as to whether the bill is worth it but personally if someone stops or bounces a cheque on me then i will go to court on principal even if it costs me to do so as at the end of the day a CCJ against them will screw there credit rating and affect future credit / mortgage applications etc.

Speak to them first and if they are having financial difficulty then arrange a payment plan - if they are just being nasty see them in court