Tractor drivers

Gollum

i pullover when ever sensible but genearally find it easier to back of the revs on long straights to let everyone overtake

there is one road can't remember its name where it got absolutely ridiculous and i was pulling over constantly as in rush hour traffic and as soon as i pulled out there seemed to be 10 cars behind me

the worst i think are cycalists, they should have to pull over for tractors as the tractors don't have the accelaration to overtake them on allot of roads and it means the whole traffic jam is slowed to cycalist speed and on some local roads there is no option bar to follow them for miles if you have a large implement and trailer on or even worse when your traveling in convoy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it is this sort of stupid, immature, pathetic potato attitude that winds non tractor drivers up to top pitch. I bet you are in the brigade who think that you are 'cool' doing 'traffic calming'. Wait until you hold up an ambulance in whihc someone dies because you were in a bad mood. Its people like you who give us all a bad name:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

As if some one would hold up traffic to the extent of causing problems to the EM services. your taking this the wrong way spud.

Remember if you carry out tree work over a road with out booking road space you can cause more trouble than you think.

May have touched nerve here :biggrin:

Delete this thread if you wish Steve.

I know I have experienced some of them in the past. That's in different parts of the country think each county has them, the majority of tractor drives are sound but. I do the silage for the same boys every year and we take every by road no low loaders for anything, and he has big gear we try NOT to upset anyone why would you, we are all car drivers to.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Exactly.:thumbup1:

theres good karma and bad karma one day you will have to sit for 8 hrs in a jam while they clear an accident and you will think back to this post :001_smile:

Who will think back to this post ? I've been the man who clears up the accident, worked on the motorways for years. Dont know where kama comes into it.........:confused1:

As if some one would hold up traffic to the extent of causing problems to the EM services. your taking this the wrong way spud.

Remember if you carry out tree work over a road with out booking road space you can cause more trouble than you think.

May have touched nerve here :biggrin:

Delete this thread if you wish Steve.

A30, between Carland Cross and Chiverton roundabout, 9 miles, I have been going the other direction and drivers from the farm i mentioned in my later post on this thread wont pull in on the whole length. I have seen ambulances caught behind them with blue lights on twice now.:thumbdown:

I never work over a road without all the correct procedures inplace BTW before you start casting aspersions.:001_smile:

Who will think back to this post ? I've been the man who clears up the accident, worked on the motorways for years. Dont know where kama comes into it.........:confused1:

And my dad is the person who has to deal with driver who takes too many chance to overtake then leaves it too late and overtakes on a bend meeting the other tractor laden with maizelage. And tractors are banned from motorways arent they?

And my dad is the person who has to deal with driver who takes too many chance to overtake then leaves it too late and overtakes on a bend meeting the other tractor laden with maizelage. And tractors are banned from motorways arent they?

Good answer wish I thought of that :thumbup:

If i remember rightly Matt your dad is a paramedic, but when you work on the roads (i said motorways, because thats where most of my work was) you are the first on the scene to try and help before the emergency services arrive on site (which some times is not pretty).

And your right tractors are banned from the motorways.

If i remember rightly Matt your dad is a paramedic, but when you work on the roads (i said motorways, because thats where most of my work was) you are the first on the scene to try and help before the emergency services arrive on site (which some times is not pretty).

And your right tractors are banned from the motorways.

you can get a dispensation to travel agricultural machinery on motorways, so thats not exactly true. i have legally driven on a14, a12, a1. havent enjoyed one bit of it mind you.

back to the thread. we have to do a lot of road work between our farms and where ever possible we go out of our ways to stay off main roads and normally travel longer but on quieter back roads. but a certain farm near Bury that does ALOT of silage have made things difficult for us as they have upset ALOT of local road users this autumn and now every tractor driver around here gets abuse for being on the road! one DRIVING INSTRUCTOR in particular has suffered proper road rage with me twice this autumn, first time he over took me then slammed on the brakes jumped out the car and marched up to me in the loader giving me all sorts of abuse, bare in mind he had a student with him, i politely asked him to get back in his car and get the hell out of my way so i could carry on with my job.

if its a long stretch with no safe pull over points, what can they do? its their choice to risk an overtake, and ive seen some bad ones!

its polite to pull over, i had one wagon driver sarcastically clap, i pulled over at the first point for about 10 miles, with about 30 vehicles or so behind me.

going over runcorn bridge is fun, i have to get to the outside lane to go to frodsham, it does go down to a 30, the best i counted there in a half mile run was 26.

I GOT STUCK TOO a couple of days ago

it was on the lancs a580 driving towards liverpool 2 old blokes in a merc 7.5 tonner loaded with about 5 traffic cones they wear holding everyone back driving in outside lane for hrs then turned right using no indicators at all truck had euro tree services on the side he was a right old chap with a flat cap on doing around 25/30 mph in a 60mph >>>:biggrin:a propper sunday afternoon driver :001_tt2: