Costs.....???

cartman

Hello,

I got my tickets paid for by HMRC by claiming working persons tax credit for a 30hr week.

Bet its all changed since 2008.

Worth trying though.

Ty

hi thanks for your response,

this is another option i could look at,

people like you who are willing to try and help some one are brilliant, it just gives me another option to look into, :001_smile:

many thanks for your response to my question :thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think cartman it may be the way you have aproached us not the way in which you have been replied to. look on the job section of this forum and you'll see countless students just like you looking for a break, whats more, everyone on here was that guy once so, if they are telling you that your way of going about things is a bit skewed, then perhaps its time to look at yourself rather than at everyone else in search of the problem.

i dont mean to say this to shoot you down before you can fly or any other emo rubish but some times a kick while you are down is what is needed. have a read through your original post and just think... is that really what i want to say to my potential employer? if not then dont say it on here, he's probably reading it right now.

while at college i approached everyone in chainsaw trousers and asked for work, i'd ring everyone in the yellow pages, and all of the guys on the internet, it'll come good in the end buddy, so long as you dont loose hope. it aint easy im afraid.

Times are most certainly hard, so many young lads 18/19 who have a wad of tickets and fresh out of college. There are so many that you've got to stand out from the rest and show your worth especially when i keep seeing people who will work for free or for the fun of it...

If your skin is this thin, then go and work in an office. If you think you have taken some stick on here, then wait til you make a tiny error on a site and you will be in tears needing counseling.

I've said as much on a similar thread.

Guys turning up with the latest gear , fresh out of college with no experience , turning up at a big arb company . Let the fun begin !

Its not about racking up every ticket available at this stage but a gradual process of learning and confidence building.

I for one can remember my boss taking me to the side and handing me a big box of new climbing kit when i passed the course and how that felt inside.

I feel some of the new starts on here (hopefully not cartman) want to run before they can walk and don't realise what their actually missing out on.

Good luck cartman I've no doubt youll get sorted soon. :thumbup1:

i think cartman it may be the way you have aproached us not the way in which you have been replied to. look on the job section of this forum and you'll see countless students just like you looking for a break, whats more, everyone on here was that guy once so, if they are telling you that your way of going about things is a bit skewed, then perhaps its time to look at yourself rather than at everyone else in search of the problem.

i dont mean to say this to shoot you down before you can fly or any other emo rubish but some times a kick while you are down is what is needed. have a read through your original post and just think... is that really what i want to say to my potential employer? if not then dont say it on here, he's probably reading it right now.

while at college i approached everyone in chainsaw trousers and asked for work, i'd ring everyone in the yellow pages, and all of the guys on the internet, it'll come good in the end buddy, so long as you dont loose hope. it aint easy im afraid.

Ditto:thumbup:

Hi all,

Despite me putting a post on here requesting part time work to help fund my studies, and only getting 1 response, and this response advised me to get my cs30 and cs31 tickets,

i would like to know how much these cost and what is involved in these i.e what cuts will the assessor ask me to do etc

also if you can help me find a part time job please do pm me

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

That first line is all it needed really.

Firstly, it's horrible English: "Despite me...." should be followed by a "contra-point". Like "despite me washing, I still stink"

But more importantly, it just sounds like a whining child, when I read it, I read this: "Even though I went to the trouble of putiing a whole, single post on the forum, to wich only one person replied, (which is so hugely unfair I'm stamping my foot at the computer) nobody has made me employee of the month and it's all your fault!":sneaky2:

Now , I'm not saying you are a whining child, but your choice of words has made you sound like one.

The rest is just asking for info you could have easily found out by a little googling but that's ok, loads of people ask questions on here that can be answered by google in less time than it takes to just log-in to AT.

As an observation of this site, it seems a lot of people (and this is aimed at no-one in particular, just a general attitude) seem a bit scathing of young-uns wanting in on the action. I think it's probably due to the amount of qualified-but-clueless college-leavers. But this seems to have lead to the need for youngsters such as yourself needing to "grovel" a bit more, and behave a bit more humble than you would in normal life.

Have a read through this, to know what to expect from cs30/31

cs31_assessment_schedule_june_2010_v2.pdf

cs30_as_dec10z.pdf

Spot on, Rover, sounds like Cartman will sort it out sooner or later. Patience is a virtue often not taught at home or in school for many teens on either side of the pond. Cartman a tea spoon of patience and a pinch of humility on a daily basis will help you better cope with what's coming down the Pike. All the best

easy-lift guy

If I was young at the moment, I'd go and do 3 years in Army, ride out the recession and get into treework after. Hard times ahead for next few years for all of us, young 'uns don't have much of a chance of even getting their foot in the door. Good luck though mate!

I've said as much on a similar thread.

Guys turning up with the latest gear , fresh out of college with no experience , turning up at a big arb company . Let the fun begin !

Its not about racking up every ticket available at this stage but a gradual process of learning and confidence building.

I for one can remember my boss taking me to the side and handing me a big box of new climbing kit when i passed the course and how that felt inside.

I feel some of the new starts on here (hopefully not cartman) want to run before they can walk and don't realise what their actually missing out on.

Good luck cartman I've no doubt youll get sorted soon. :thumbup1:

Thanks mate