mini skidsteers/loaders

John Shutler

I'm not sure of what the fear is of destroying lawns with a skidsteer. An articulated loader cannot do zero turn or have the manoverability of a skidsteer. The ground pressure is about 3 psi so it makes very little impact on a lawn. Sure do doughnuts all day long and your client won't be happy with you, but use a couple of boards on your turning points and hey presto, easy life. Skid steers are very compact in comparison to articulated loaders but prob can lift as much. It's amazing where you will get with zero turn and I'm sure in the wrong hand wheels will make a mess too! I have never had a client complain about our machine on the lawn to this day!!!

I'm not sure of what the fear is of destroying lawns with a skidsteer. An articulated loader cannot do zero turn or have the manoverability of a skidsteer. The ground pressure is about 3 psi so it makes very little impact on a lawn. Sure do doughnuts all day long and your client won't be happy with you, but use a couple of boards on your turning points and hey presto, easy life. Skid steers are very compact in comparison to articulated loaders but prob can lift as much. It's amazing where you will get with zero turn and I'm sure in the wrong hand wheels will make a mess too! I have never had a client complain about our machine on the lawn to this day!!!

Like any thing on tracks put ply down for turning point then no scuff marks. It's all down to driver not machine.

Thanks for the replies about ground damage. It's what I expected.

The problem I'm faced with us that I am a one truck business. I was about to get a second truck but the financial crash stopped that. Hey ho.

A loader with grapple and stump cutter attachment would be great for me.

One day, I hope.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thanks for the replies about ground damage. It's what I expected.

The problem I'm faced with us that I am a one truck business. I was about to get a second truck but the financial crash stopped that. Hey ho.

A loader with grapple and stump cutter attachment would be great for me.

One day, I hope.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

why is 1 truck an issue?

plan larger dismantles to get the brash off in day 1 and timber on day 2 or put the loader on the back of the truck and tow the chipper

The schaffer 2026 ive got is only 1250 wide has a seat and whilst it cant zero turn it will do a very tight 3 point turn if you have to plus no ply required.I am running turf tyres

will also pick up/drag much bigger pieces than a dingo/boxer

one truck i currently run is a 6 ton payload. tray width is about 2400 inside and can carry the loader and stumpgrinder side by side

Apologies, my last reply said "but prob can lift as much" i missed off the T, skidsteers cant lift as much.

Kimtree, you live in OZ where you have proper size vehicles and a lot more room!!!! My boxer can fit in the back of my Iveco Daily and the stumpy next to it. but dont expect to have any chip in the back!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the rollers have bearings, as for the adjustment it's a rather rudimentary

affair involving a welded on nut and a bolt to adjust. Not sure exactly

I'll get a pic for you Thursday when we re-start.

Will it last? time will tell, repair should be easy enough, and at 3 grand I won't lose the farm if it's a lemon.

As I said, a Boxer would have been my preference;

Any more progress?