which is left

bob

is the left hand side of the drive the one on your way down the drive towards the house or up the drive away from the house

As this ended up doing the wrong tree today i went doing some round the back whilst my mate did the ones at the front and when i came back round i could not understand what he had been doing and i had heard saws and chipper then i noticed some sawdust at the wrong side of the drive and when i rang the customer at work she was not impressed to say the least

in my experience, looking towards the house is how you would gauge left or right of a property. but could be confusing, so i use directions commonly found on a compass. so as to avoid the confusing and wrong tree chopping etc etc haha

is the left hand side of the drive the one on your way down the drive towards the house or up the drive away from the house

As this ended up doing the wrong tree today i went doing some round the back whilst my mate did the ones at the front and when i came back round i could not understand what he had been doing and i had heard saws and chipper then i noticed some sawdust at the wrong side of the drive and when i rang the customer at work she was not impressed to say the least

BUGGER!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

To add to the confusion, I would say you would "go up the drive" towards the house, and "down the drive" toward the road/gatelodge etc...........

when I had my widows renewed, as you faced the front of the house the two to the left of the door were on the spec as LHS.

Ergo, as you go "up the drive" direction is dictated by the view to the front of the house.

:001_smile:

A Certain Contractor friend near myself was in similar situaion, went to a job to remove a tree, gets a phone call following morning asking when he is going to get there. Turns out they were at the wrong address totally.:confused1:

Can't laugh to much, I felled two scots pine in a church yard years ago, only problem wrng bloody church:scared1: