Saddle Help

rangerdanger

Alright. last thing. It's something my Dad and I sort of fight over. I now have around $200 saved up, plus another $200 coming from a returned saddle, so $400. But here's the catch. I'm 16, and I usually climb only on the weekends, and if I'm lucky, just about every work day from June till the middle of August (When I'm off school), our state comp, plus days here and there during the school year. He says I don't climb enough to justify buying a TM, but I believe it would be worth it in the long run, with the better ergonomics of the saddle, etc. What are your opinions on this??? Should I buy the TM, or wait a few years and go a cheaper route. Thanks!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only niggle is when you are hanging from it and twist right over to either side, the ring goes over the stitching on the end of the bridge and you have to give it a little jolt to get it back over the lump of stitching, if that makes sense

The Tree Flex I have does that, it goes past the shackle and onto the leg webbing stuff. It's really getting to annoy me especially when it lengtens the distance to my prussic making it hard to reach so when out on a limb it can be fairly awkward to use.

I wouldnt buy another one tbh

Oh and one of the shackles that holds the bridge to the harness decided to unscrew its self with about one thread to go :scared1: only realised when I had get down and was removing the harness, was previuosly up a 40ft leylandii over a metal spikey fence :ohmy:

Oh and one of the shackles that holds the bridge to the harness decided to unscrew its self with about one thread to go only realised when I had get down and was removing the harness, was previuosly up a 40ft leylandii over a metal spikey fence

"F" me! :scared1:

I would not use one after that, it would knock my confidence in that type of harness. I would have tack welded the screws in :001_tongue:

"F" me! :scared1:

I would not use one after that, it would knock my confidence in that type of harness. I would have tack welded the screws in :001_tongue:

Well I was about to burn the thing tbh but since I'm a tight git I thought I would try and get my 200 quid's worth out of it whether it kills me or not :001_tongue:

I did bang some loctite on and check it on a daily basis now:001_rolleyes:

:dito::dito:

The Tree Flex I have does that, it goes past the shackle and onto the leg webbing stuff. It's really getting to annoy me especially when it lengtens the distance to my prussic making it hard to reach so when out on a limb it can be fairly awkward to use.

I wouldnt buy another one tbh

Oh and one of the shackles that holds the bridge to the harness decided to unscrew its self with about one thread to go :scared1: only realised when I had get down and was removing the harness, was previuosly up a 40ft leylandii over a metal spikey fence :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been climbing in Butterfly for 5 years...I have a tree magic for spare, and am starting to break it in now and then. Once you get it adjusted it is VERY comfortable. The MAgic needs to have the leg loops set lower on your thighs than the B'fly otherwise um.. it 'pinches'.

Dude, I'd spent the money and get the right equipment, no matter how much or how little you climb, you need to have decent, comfortable gear. It will make your job easier, not wiggling and chafing and pinching, one more thing not to distract you in our dangerous work world.