down fall of the euro !!

Johny Walker

I personally feel that the UK shoult not be renewing its EU membership , We as one of the smallestcountries in the EU pay the highest membership fees and get the least out of it . My hopes are that UK goverment sees sense and washes its hands of the EU , its about time we start to help out ourown country and putthe GREAT back into Great Britain .

I personally feel that the global recession was manufactured purelyfor political reasons . and certainly feel that the UK till has enough industry left to get back up dust its self off and start to move forward .

I was once told " A friend in need is a pest get rid of him" and in this case i feel that for the first time a can agree

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err no, only a fairly small percentage voted for them.

The majority of voters, or not quite, as the case is since the majority of voters voted to keep the odd system you use in place.

I find it odd, coming from a country of representative representation, but you (the British electorate) chose to keep it in place...

I believe the issue is not with the euro, as I can see no major issues with it, it is the fact that europe chose to lock it's economies together and failed to keep the "naughty kids of the class" in check, and allowed countries to run their individual (but locked in) economies to ruin.

The system would work fine I think, just needs a strong "economic police force" to actually get countries to stand by the agreements they made re national debt etc. It is this incompetence of the eu as a whole that has allowed the "poorer run countries" to go bankrupt. The solution (imo) woul be not to disband the eu, or ditch the euro, but to actually enforce agreements made.

CTS I believe you are correct. The smartest monetary decision for the UK was not to sell out the Pound, once upon a time. The Second smartest thing the UK could do soon is drop out of the EU as well. Since the EU Has no single governing authority to answer to but a collection of countries or states each with a different means of dealing with Social welfare programs and the like the EU IMO has been doomed from the start. How much longer Germany/France allow the bleeding to continue remains to be seen?.

easy-lift guy

CTS I believe you are correct. The smartest monetary decision for the UK was not to sell out the Pound, once upon a time. The Second smartest thing the UK could do soon is drop out of the EU as well. Since the EU Has no single governing authority to answer to but a collection of countries or states each with a different means of dealing with Social welfare programs and the like the EU IMO has been doomed from the start. How much longer Germany/France allow the bleeding to continue remains to be seen?.

easy-lift guy

I think that France and Germany will will Move heaven and earth to ensure the EU does not fall . Lets be honest these are two countries that interpret the So called EU ruld book in which ever way they seem fit and in which ever way they feel will most benefit them ! This is not something that we as the UK can level solely at their feet as we have allowed this to carry on because our own ministers will not stand up for the UK . Down here in cornwall lies the fishing port or newlyn . When i was 13 (15 years ago) the port was bussy 24/7 there was always a decent market for fish and there was always plenty of fish on the market and there was a market on a saturday . now the port of Newlyn is suffere hands of the EU - the market is growing smaller and before long there will not be a market as there are not enough boats at see to provide enough fish , this in turn has a knock on effect throughout the area .

Now have a look at the fishing industry in france or spain !!!!!

The EU just will not work, there is no way countries with in-bred corruption and fiddles can be or will be policed by countries such as Germany and France. It has never worked and it will not work now. I see now that America is forming a pact with Pacific nations, we need to be careful we will be left with no friends?

The EU just will not work, there is no way countries with in-bred corruption and fiddles can be or will be policed by countries such as Germany and France. It has never worked and it will not work now. I see now that America is forming a pact with Pacific nations, we need to be careful we will be left with no friends?

America will only be the popular kid in the playground while China as happy for the $ to the trading currency , should the $ cease to be the trading currency , The UK is only running the risk of becoming un popular because it has a foot in each camp . Maybe the UK needs to grow a pair and remember how to stand on its own two feet , yes this means resurecting industry and im specific manufacturing and engineering .

America will only be the popular kid in the playground while China as happy for the $ to the trading currency , should the $ cease to be the trading currency , The UK is only running the risk of becoming un popular because it has a foot in each camp . Maybe the UK needs to grow a pair and remember how to stand on its own two feet , yes this means resurecting industry and im specific manufacturing and engineering .

China is now starting to slow, how slow wait and see. Its economy is a bubble waiting to burst and is totally dependent on the rest of the world to support it. The problem is the Chinese (and Indian) governments have the problem that their people now want a western style economy and lifestyle. Billions of people rioting will be a bit different to the London riots!!

China is now starting to slow, how slow wait and see. Its economy is a bubble waiting to burst and is totally dependent on the rest of the world to support it. The problem is the Chinese (and Indian) governments have the problem that their people now want a western style economy and lifestyle. Billions of people rioting will be a bit different to the London riots!!

But China has no debts with the west , america is having to eat humble pie and borrow from china to me that says alot , also china's economy is starting to slow , the economy of virtually all of EU countries has all but stopped