Schliesing vs timberwolf

bill

Schliesing Vs Timberwolf  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Schliesing Vs Timberwolf

• Schliesing
    • Timberwolf

I think there is a big quality difference, and a longevity issue. Schliesing and their ilk have a track record for lasting a LOT longer than a TW or GM. factor replacement costs in, and it makes a big difference.

Also, I would'nt compare a 35/150 to a 200MX. The 190 is closer to a 200mx, and I would still go for the german machine.

Having said that, I think the US built chippers are still better quality than the German built stuff.

History is all very well, but what would you rather have - an austin rover or a BMW?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Austin Rover, if the company hadnt been forced out of business by foreign imports, in the case of cars mainly German and Japanese. The trend is no coincidence, both of those economies received multi TRILLIONS of dollars in reconstructing industry after WWII, while the UK was almost bankrupted by the war.

Did you know that BMW deployed 25000 – 30000 slave and concentration camp labourers in the war, profiting massively as the corner stone of its current empire. It produced one of the first mass production jet engines deployed to the ME262 fighter, worked on rocket technology in 1944 and……….. Oops, sorry, a tad off thread.

Incidentally, Germany has invested over 1.5 trillion Euros in reconstructing former East Germany after reunification. That reconstrucution is failing and its cost is showing serious adverse effect in the German economy, with more business under receivership and actual management by their banks than ever before. Watch this space all lovers of perceived German quality! Sorry again for off thread, off to a job now that the customers up! Feel much better for the rant.

Jonnie, I understand exactly where you are coming from. The lend lease agreement was punitive to Britain, and the war destroyed our economy and left us bankrupt, whilst Germany, Japan and the US economy's burgeoned.

I think it goes beyond that though, Rovers were crap cause they were built by workers that could'nt give a toss, management that refused to invest, and generaly poor designs.

Even with the vast sums BMW invested into rover, they still could'nt get the quality right.

The promises made by a two man outfit never beat the truth and honesty of a big caring organisation - whoever they are!

QUOTE]

Two man outfit, Pete? Do you mean Prochip? I dont know them, but "Mike" suggested a trip to their website earlier in this thread to see their full range and it says "........Prochip’s staff of highly trained and experienced professionals.........."

Now I'm even more confused than I was before about Premier/Wilkie/Schliesing/Prochip. Or am I just being dumb and you meant something different:wave:?

The Austin Rover, if the company hadnt been forced out of business by foreign imports, in the case of cars mainly German and Japanese. The trend is no coincidence, both of those economies received multi TRILLIONS of dollars in reconstructing industry after WWII, while the UK was almost bankrupted by the war.

Did you know that BMW deployed 25000 – 30000 slave and concentration camp labourers in the war, profiting massively as the corner stone of its current empire. It produced one of the first mass production jet engines deployed to the ME262 fighter, worked on rocket technology in 1944 and……….. Oops, sorry, a tad off thread.

I see that the little englander has arrived on the forum! Maybe this is the attitude that let all the British companies go down the pan, sounds like you have a big chip on your shoulder Jonnie.

Germany was reconstructed after the war as a bulwark against communism, it was to be the main battleground of the next war, but the process of international law meant that the allies could not just occupy it - thats what they were fighting against wasn't it? As to the use of forced labour, well; the good old UK can hardly point the finger there can they?

Read your history, properly and from differing perspectives, then give an opinion, don't just spew out rubbish that you read in the Sport.

Most people will buy on their own experience of a product, or the experiences of those that they know. Two man band or multinational its the buying and using experience that promote the product not where it was made. Get over it!

I see that the little englander has arrived on the forum! Maybe this is the attitude that let all the British companies go down the pan, sounds like you have a big chip on your shoulder Jonnie.

Germany was reconstructed after the war as a bulwark against communism, it was to be the main battleground of the next war, but the process of international law meant that the allies could not just occupy it - thats what they were fighting against wasn't it? As to the use of forced labour, well; the good old UK can hardly point the finger there can they?

Read your history, properly and from differing perspectives, then give an opinion, don't just spew out rubbish that you read in the Sport.

Most people will buy on their own experience of a product, or the experiences of those that they know. Two man band or multinational its the buying and using experience that promote the product not where it was made. Get over it!

Ouch! Thanks for that savaging Dagmar, thought I was opening a text from the wife! I’m not sure what part of what I posted earlier you think is spewed out rubbish. Were trillions of dollars not applied to German recontruction? Was the UK not almost bankrupted by the war? Did BMW not deploy slave labour or produce jet engines and undertake rocket research for the war effort? I accept of course that there are many perspectives. These were already being exchanged in reasonable debate. And I'm not English. Sorry.

All this bickering about piddly little Euro chippers just makes me smile. I agree with Ed, if you want a decent chipper......and I hate to say it, buy Yank!! I've been in the tree game 20+ years now and my Woodsman 15X is by far the best chipper I've ever seen in action. Obviously, if I was still in the UK it would be a different matter. The last company I worked for in England used Arboreater chippers with some shite Italian engine in them. Still defeats me why larger capacity chippers are not more readily available on the UK market. It seems true......things are just bigger in the States!!