89 members have voted

1. 1. Schliesing Vs Timberwolf

• Schliesing
    • Timberwolf

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point toddster, however thats the original question. Personally I own a Jensen, and am happy with it. BUT given the money, and enough work so it paid for itself, I would choose the Premier/Schliesing over anything else. This may be down to the fact that i have used them for the last 10 or 11 years, on and off, and my loathing in the past when I've used TW's. I dont doubt many of the others are fine chippers. Perhaps we could have a thread for each manufacturer at some point, to discuss the merits of each one, so we have an un-biased view across the market.

I'd consider the options - and then buy a GreenMech. Having ran two of them for a while, I can confirm that the are better value for money than a Schiesing and they defoe last longer than the average TW. Ya Boo Sucks!!!

i heard greenmech were garbage?

Timberwolf Vs Jensen would be a good poll as the two are have very similar sales figures.

A USA vs Euro chipper would be a good argument also...

But bill asked about these two.

I dont personally think the schliesing is much better than its European competitors. A jensen, JBM, Vandeale, TP, or Gandini is probably as good. To me, the British built timberwolf and greenmech range are built down to a price and weight limit. and suffer acordingly.

The 0.75 tonne versus heavier machine would be a good debate also. The timberwolf type machine is a good compromise if you really need to get under that towing limit. I'v had the jensen equivelent machine on demo, and while its a great little chipper, the tiny fuel tank, lack of brakes and the fact that you have to remove the discharge chute in order to tow it on the public highway make it unusable.

What an odd poll! Why Timberwolf vs Schliesing (aren't they branded Premier in the UK?)?? What about Greenmech and Vermeer? If you want German, what about Jensen, Tunnissen, JBM, Kwik Chip? Why leave any of them out? They all sell in far bigger numbers than the Premier, so surely opinion will be wider and more valid.

Good points but not totally correct. Leads me to think tho. Of the following makes how many do you all think were sold in the UK last year. Will be interesting to see what the customer thinks.

Timberwolf =

Jensen =

Tunnissen / Kwik Chip =

JBM =

Schliesing / Premier =

Vermeer =

Greenmech =

i heard greenmech were garbage?

Bill, any machine can be turned into "garbage" very easily. Improper use, incorrect maintenance, uncaring operators, too small a budget to buy the right machine are just some of the factors. I personally do not like Ford cars, but I did just over 200k in a Mondeo (about 50% towing), without any real dramas. But I just don't like Ford cars. I've met people who've got 500 hours out a set of GreenMech blades before resharpening and I've also met people who haven't changed their Tinnywolf (thanks for the tag Dagma) bearings in 3 years. Choice is personal. Pay up and look after it!