bt lines

pward

hey all i have a job coming up and its a wait for it ... a very nice conifur hedge that has been left for goodness knows how long it has power lines and bt lines running at least a meter thew it, now i have had western power out they said there line is fin as long as i take it away bit by bit, no problem there but the bt cables are running far more into it then the power cables, the guy from western power said there is no point calling b to get them to do anything about it cause they wont, just wondering if anyone else that had any experiance dealing with this kinda dilema:thumbup:

thank you all

If the line is your clients then here is a tip, on the pole is a box where the line terminates, the terminals are numbered, follow the line to the terminals and make a note of the numbers, take the line out and drop it to the ground. Fell tree and replace line.

BT don’t like you doing this so don’t get caught up the pole and you didn’t hear this from me.

Don’t do it to a neighbours line without telling them because they get annoyed when the broadband stops working. If you can lay your hands on a suitable cable you can extend a cable to keep it working but out of your way whilst you work.

As Huk says BT are unreliable and expensive, if they were better at what they do we wouldn’t need to resort to “measures”

Last time I asked BT, it was £85.00 plus VAT for a call out and then £55.00 plus VAT for any hour or part therof!!! They would not drop the line for free, which seems unfair as the electricity guys will shut off and drop if needed for nothing.

We asked BT to take a 200m section of phone line down so we could dismantle 6 poplars leaning over the wires. They took them down, laid them accross a field, and put them back afterwards, no charge.

lucky you they want £150 a time round here,,even after you explain the lines grown into the tree? bunch of jobsworths,,,:thumbdown:

Funny. They are brilliant round here; 'phone them up to lower approx 200m whilst laurel bashing and then raise back up a week later. BT chaps were so chuffed that we helped clear back some other growth that they made us tea and biccys from their van!

No charge, and bt supe came out to see what we needed and was totally agreeable...

And I'm only a few miles from you Paul...

We got called out to this the other week, got to site at 10am, contacted bt about cable and pole shortly after arriving, bt turned up at 3.45!!!!! Council told us to stay on site to monitor the traffic and road closure (yes people were still trying to drive under it). Anyway, bt guy just took a pair of bolt crops to the line and threw the line in the hedge and told us to winch out the pole and bill them for it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320258487.373227.jpg.6fbc24aebc7fe7da425343020d1d7bc2.jpg