New shooting season :)

josharb87

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had saturday out on a walk around just outside Kendal last weekend and ended up with a duck and a pheasant. Only 4 birds shot in the torential rain.

Then called inh a favour and got to go goose shooting early Sunday morning on the river Lune. Bagged my first ever left/right on grey geese and also took a wigeon and a couple of mallard.

Hope to be out tomorrow beating on the shoot Dean captains but that depends on how much ale I put away tonight in the local.

Sorry,dont agree with foxing,or useing stiffs for you,re own "funny pics".

Stockers, I understand your point of view, but lifes cruel mate. :001_smile:

I prefer my food from natures larder, much less cruel than from the abbattoir and pest control is a big part of that.

You could say it is sick to hang dead chickens up in the supermarket by their feet for all to see, putting dead carcasses on display.

We had someone have a go at us last week for having pheasants hung on the back of the landy, whats the difference?

There'll always be some things one will find unpleasant where another will not. But I do believe everybody should be exposed to the realities of life

I only shoot what I,m going to eat.Yeah the pic might come across as funny to some but not me.As well as being a regular shooter I am an animal lover as well.

I've seen many things in life but one that shocked (probably the wrong word, more astounded) me was, I was in a slaughter yard (when slaughter yards used to be slaughter yards) and I was talking to one of the slaughter men. It was mid winter and freezing cold. The guy was just about to open his sandwich bag to have lunch, he turned round looking for somewhere to sit. He picked up the humane killer, put it to a beasts head and dropped the beast where is stood. He then sat on it to have his lunch, a nice warm seat.

The beast was no worse for wear and was still edible, something I will never forget

Just a thought Dean, I got a POV1 ther other day and I notice it comes with a mount for the barrel of a gun. Any chance of some "Barrel cam" shots soon?

In the pipeline Tom, I was only talking about it today.

To get a true sight picture the camera has to be mounted ontop of the barrels, obviously obscuring the veiw.

I never look at the barrels when aiming the shotgun, so don't need a bead or anything and could still hit stuff.....but....a humongous lump ontop of the barrels is going to be hard work.

I've tried underneath and on the side but it just isn't right.

Will get everything sorted for next week or the week after. Next week is the shoot I captain on so don't really get chance to mess with cameras, will do it on the one the week after :top::2gunsfiring_v1: