A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another solution is to ask 'what do you think a fair price would be for the logs you had?'

Pay back the difference to him, say you appreciate his point but you are not going to drop your prices and next time he should contact someone else for his logs.

This saves you having to collect them, it's fair and it means you won't have to deal with him again.

I'd say I get 2 to 3 people unhappy with their logs each year - it goes with the territory IMO. I try and come to a compromise as above and then request that they do not contact me again.

Another solution is to ask 'what do you think a fair price would be for the logs you had?'

Pay back the difference to him, say you appreciate his point but you are not going to drop your prices and next time he should contact someone else for his logs.

This saves you having to collect them, it's fair and it means you won't have to deal with him again.

I'd say I get 2 to 3 people unhappy with their logs each year - it goes with the territory IMO. I try and come to a compromise as above and then request that they do not contact me again.

a tempting solution to avoid the collection process, but at the same time it sends him the message that perhaps you can afford to sell them cheaper after all, which will just re-enforce his opinion that you were trying to rip him off. I personally would not go down this route.

Give him a call in the morning, tell him you've slept on it and don't feel happy knowing that he isn't 100% satisfied with his order and you'd like to arrange to collect it and give him a full refund. I'm willing to bet that he'll thank you for the offer but decline it and keep the wood....in fact, i'll stick a tenner down for the childrens trust im im wrong....keep us posted!

had the same a few years past deliverd logs to lady of the house , that night phone call he said the logs where not dry and he would only pay me half and keep the logs until next year to dry , i said ok sir i will be around tommorow to pick them up silence oh no you don't have to do that i said no sir i will not have a unhappy customer picked up logs not a soul their when i picked them up , found out later he had tried it on with more then me , as has been said bite the bullet and pick them up let him squirm and get them from sombody else

No chance Rob, this guy has went way past negotiations:thumbdown:. This is a point of principle. As far as this guy bad mouthing you and loosing you custom, nonesense. Anyone who thinks this guy talks sense is not on your customer approved list and is better left for someone else to have:laugh1:

The voice of reason, I was thinking the same. Might you lose more custom from an unsatisfied customer with a loud mouth? Skyhuck ... Maybe a little unfair? I don't normally comment just read and take on board peoples comments but I have noticed farmer Ben seems a genuine fella trying to give the customer a quality product, I have the same issue with people selling wet wood transit load and claiming it is over 3 cubic metres for less than my truck load at 120 for 1.7 cubic metres. ( ps my truck is a isuzu grafter )

Why unfair??

Ben does not know whether the old guy pays tax or not, so should not be casting aspersion, IMO.

I then went on to say what I would have done.

I don't think it sends the wrong message and implies you can sell the logs cheaper as you're asking him not to contact you again....

.... but I like your thinking in calling his bluff!

Tell us how it plays out Ben :biggrin: