Best 50 and 60cc saws

banana

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin:

If had a pile of Timber to ring up my 357 or 372 with full chisel ,would be the ones I would reaching for!

:grinning-smiley-003

I'm going to throw a curveball and say the best 50cc saw I've had so far has been my husq 353, old enough it was still in the super pro range (when it was still called that) and is only just really getting ready to retire at around 7/8 years old now. Feels just liek a 346 but with a bit more mid range at the sacrifice of a bit of top end but on heavier branched softwood thinnings I found the mid range more useful.

60cc, I would have to say the older 357's with the dark orange plastics - they really did rip

:grinning-smiley-003

I'm going to throw a curveball and say the best 50cc saw I've had so far has been my husq 353, old enough it was still in the super pro range (when it was still called that) and is only just really getting ready to retire at around 7/8 years old now. Feels just liek a 346 but with a bit more mid range at the sacrifice of a bit of top end but on heavier branched softwood thinnings I found the mid range more useful.

60cc, I would have to say the older 357's with the dark orange plastics - they really did rip

im going to agree with that i have a fairly new(3 months old) 353 and running side by side with the other guys i work with who all run 346xps my 353 is no slower for chestnut coppicing and is much less trouble to get started especialy when warm. It seems to be happiest with a 15" bar and i run a semi chisel chain. i logged up around 3 tons of silver birch/oak thinings with it the other day and it seemed to cope admirably and was comfortable to use all day

Whats the big deal with Xp saws.

From plenty of experience with strokers. High tune means lower reliability and peaky.

Take for instance a kawasaki 750 triple agains a Suzi 750 triple. Suzi would last forever in comparison.

It it market hype for people with little weaners!!!!

Oops-

Why do you say the 346XP is useless at ringing up. I'm looking for a really decent "all rounder" (landscaper, I don't use saws full-time). I'm looking at the 346XP or Husq 365. I know they are in different classes but both are fairly highly regarded.

i've had a 365 about 13 years (part time use), and recently got a 346xp

if you want just one get the 346. the 365 is too heavy for general/light tree work, but can't do without it for felling and cross-cutting big stuff.

:thumbup: get both

:biggrin:

If had a pile of Timber to ring up my 357 or 372 with full chisel ,would be the ones I would reaching for!

what if you dont have a 357xp or a 372xp?

the 346xp does me fine... (ow and the 357 i belevie would b classed a a 60cc).

the 346 spits on any 50cc stihl equalivant

I've been extensively using my 346XP in hardwood thinnings for the last couple of months and it has been excellent all round. I run a 15 inch bar on it, and it will quickly munch through anything that I throw at it. It sneds very quickly, is light as a feather and it's a saw that I would very strongly recommend.

Jonathan