Need a new truck to deliver logs in?

tim361

After my landrover being stolen I'm now left without a 4x4. I'm after something I can use on a daily basis, is four wheel drive, and can carry logs. It has to be something my other half can drive. I'm looking at getting a hilux, but have thought of getting an l200/navara tipper. Got up to a £10k budget.

What are you all using?

I have had a defender tipper now got a hilux tipper. Unless I was going to carry 1.5 tonnes of chip I would never buy another Landrover. Even then then if the other half was driving it defo no LR . I personally dont like the L200 for a huge list of reasons but some people get on very well with them. I have had old toyotas with starship mileage and no probs. If you turn one into a tipper look really closely at the payload I think the extra cab carries the most weight. You may need to go up rather than out.

Local log merchant to me uses a hilux d4d thing. Seems happy enough with it- but then as he says he doesnt need to go off road. I think the choice is really totota or what you had before from what I can tell.

Cant your missus drive a defender? Mine drives a 12 ton lorry and she is only about 4'10" tall!

Local log merchant to me uses a hilux d4d thing. Seems happy enough with it- but then as he says he doesnt need to go off road. I think the choice is really totota or what you had before from what I can tell.

Cant your missus drive a defender? Mine drives a 12 ton lorry and she is only about 4'10" tall!

So can mine but she WANTS to drive her new i10 and i guess after a few years its best to keep the peace anything for an easy life :biggrin:

A 2007 Ford Ranger Super cab does it for me. After 20 years of Defender ownership I am loving the ride quality, the quietness and ease of driving. Its great having the space behind the seats as well to put your jackets, bait bag, etc in and keep them clean and dry and seperate from what you are carrying in the back. Pick up bed is deep and volume is nearly 1m3.