G plate Defender 90 , what's it worth?

BobG

Seems a bit of confusion here. The land rover shown is a g plate so is around late 90s. The defender was not called the defender then but juts a 90 or 110. Unless this is the change over point! If its a real defender with the 200 tdi then its worth lots more than a plain 90 with a retrofit engine. Genuine defenders are worth3 -6k depending on condition. The 90 with rubbish oil breathing engine is 1500 to 2500 at most.

As a guide my old 110 f reg went for 1800, very cheap, chassis was mint and it was soooooo reliable! do miss her now and then but il have to live with my 1955 series 1 86" with tdi in her!! :thumbup1::thumbup:

I had a G reg with 19j engine about 15 years ago. Under powered compared with the 200 tdi . The engine let go at 65k so i did a proper rebuild in the workshop. After 6000 miles it started breathing oil into the air filter again. Bearing in mind I have been building 50 litre v16 lumps for over 20 years itstruck me as a very poor engine. We chopped it in for for a 300 which was vastly better. Apart from the crap gearbox, headgasket blowing between 3 and 4 every 80,000 miles and the cambelt snapping and the water pump gasket letting go it was quite reliable for a landrover. :biggrin: