• Yes while on the ground.
    • Yes while in a tree/mewp.
    • Yes with a top handle saw.
    • Yes with a rear handle saw.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up a big leaning pine over a house, taking some weight off the crown and holding a small branch. My020 was slowing down and ran on to my arm. I was using the tail end of my rope to double anchor and it took a bit of fiddling around to undo a bow line and prussik with 1 hand to be able to get down. 2 cuts, 14 stitches and 2 hours in a German a&e silly boy i know!

How can anyone control a chain saw with one hand, it is impossible

This is just not true!!

We are all different, how is it some people can run the 100M in under 10 seconds, when most of us can't ??

I am not saying it is easy and that there are not dangers to be borne in mind and I agree it is not for every one.

10 years ago ripped the skin off three finger whilst being a drip.

Tried to clean the sap off the teeth after sharpening a chain with a bench mounted wire wheel, which grabbed and pulled the chain into the wheel.

About 20 odd stitches

Never had a chainsaw cut but have had plenty of silky cuts and sliced the end of my finger off whilst fitting sharpened chipper blades, still no feeling in it

This is just not true!!

We are all different, how is it some people can run the 100M in under 10 seconds, when most of us can't ??

I am not saying it is easy and that there are not dangers to be borne in mind and I agree it is not for every one.

I think travs point was and i agree with him that

No one could control a full force kick back from a saw one handed!

Hence why he said control a saw, yes alot of folks can be accurate and controlled one handed but if the unfore seen happens you will not stop it.

I think travs point was and i agree with him that

No one could control a full force kick back from a saw one handed!

Hence why he said control a saw, yes alot of folks can be accurate and controlled one handed but if the unfore seen happens you will not stop it.

For this to be discussed fully I'd start a new thread. There are different opinions and too much to discus in this one

big deep cut, 10 stitches to calf muscle when saw swang past whilst clipped to harness, not running at the time. didnt feel it happen but when i saw it, it suddenly became real painful. it then got infected from the oil on the bar. this was with nz trousers that at the time had no rear protection.