Cheaper alternative to Landy 110?

TreeNuts

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trooper is a good idea? We run a Trooper Commercial SWB - 2005 - and have had 3 since giving up on Land Rovers when we had a real bad experience with our last - a TD5

Unfortunately Troopers are not around any more but you still see a few good examples for sale. ITOC - isuzu troopers owners club - is a good website to learn about them.

Also - unless I'm missing something - why aren't you considering a pickup? We also run a sub £5k Hilux which we've had for over a year now. As faultless as a Trooper.

Unpatriotic I know but Landies don't cut it for us anymore - I'd still buy one but only for a runabout. I wish they had more bang for their buck.

Trooper is a good idea? We run a Trooper Commercial SWB - 2005 - and have had 3 since giving up on Land Rovers when we had a real bad experience with our last - a TD5

Also - unless I'm missing something - why aren't you considering a pickup? We also run a sub £5k Hilux which we've had for over a year now. As faultless as a Trooper.

Out of interest, what was the real bad experience?

Considered a pickup, but want plenty of storage space in the rear and windowless panels for advertising.

Hi all what is it with these landrovers, people rant and rave about them from personal experience I find they rub the skin of 1 knee with handbrake no skin on your other due to drivers door, they just seem over priced to me and old fasioned compared to other motors and come on whats with all them rivets showing on the outside. From previous dealings I find the Jap motors are better all round and a hell of alot cheaper.

From what you described in your first post it has to be a Land Rover 110.

Td5 all the way. Loads of grunt, reliable, sounds nice and easily modified for a bit more power.

Tows 3.5t, diff lock, high/low.

Simple. Nothing else comes close.

Agree!!

Hi all what is it with these landrovers, people rant and rave about them from personal experience I find they rub the skin of 1 knee with handbrake no skin on your other due to drivers door, they just seem over priced to me and old fasioned compared to other motors and come on whats with all them rivets showing on the outside. From previous dealings I find the Jap motors are better all round and a hell of alot cheaper.

if u can find me a jap motor that tows 3.5t then i'd buy one, landrover have lost the plot when it comes to providing a work horse, but its the towing capacity which makes me drive one.:thumbup:

Cos my E reg 110 has done 200,000, has 250.00 spent on it a year, does all i ask it and more, pulls 3 and a half most days, still goes after being turned over, can be fixed with rubber bands and the odd dent doesn't change the price.